Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #391
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl

The honest (and ugly) truth is that I can't seem to focus on that or think that way. I'm stuck in the now and not with the Kingdom in mind. I want my babies HERE with me. I find only minor comfort in them being in heaven.

It's something else I have to work on.
I understand...hugs! <3

Advertisement

epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #392
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl

The honest (and ugly) truth is that I can't seem to focus on that or think that way. I'm stuck in the now and not with the Kingdom in mind. I want my babies HERE with me. I find only minor comfort in them being in heaven.

It's something else I have to work on.
I think it's ok to feel that way. Here is what we know. It's hard to think of our babies somewhere that we cannot picture, even if it is "better". My arms ache for my babies here as well. Hugs
Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #393
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5 View Post

My last pregnancy was my most challenging (#6). I typically have easy pregnancies but since # 4 my varicose veins in one leg have gotten worse. Plus it seemed this last pregnancy I was sick a lot with one respiratory virus after another. It was very discouraging and I swore up and down that this would be my last pregnancy. Well... a few weeks after my son was born once again I felt like I could do this again. I've really been delving into my Bible to see what God says about it. Every time I question what we're doing God brings a sermon or an article or something to my attention to remind me that this is His plan.

Just as an aside...I recently bought the book Family Unplanning just for some encouragement. Before I got the book I briefly thought to myself "wonder what our week will look like after I get done reading it". I knew that we'd had a rough week right before my dh got his V reversal so I was trying to prepare myself (the enemy hates to see families grow). Anyhow, so I read the book and not long after we had a major chimney fire, lost power, all got the stomach bug, and dh has had a rough go of it at work. Fun times! However, with the chimney fire we will get to repair some things that needed to be done and thankfully it happened when it did and no one was hurt. I know more than ever that we need to stay the course!

It's so easy to get discouraged. I'm feeling a bit of that today after my 7 month old stayed up most of the night. This is temporal though. Yes, it's uncomfortable (I need my sleep after all) but when I think that I'm raising an immortal soul for God's kingdom and remember that it's not all about me, the job is all the more worthwhile. It seems like forever when you're in the moment but oh how fast it goes.

Just hoping to send a little encouragement to whomever needs it this morning. Unfortunately I need it on a regular basis and I know I can't be the only one. Mamas, you are the only ones who can do this job the way it needs to be done and in spite of our mistakes, you are doing an amazing job. Keep on keepin' on and you will reap the benefits!
Thanks mama . I will have to check out that book....
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #394
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
Thanks mama . I will have to check out that book....
Better pray over your family first ! I really liked the book. I did disagree with one part but overall found it very helpful.

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #395
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi all, I have read this thread many times but haven't posted, I am so surprised at how similar our journey has been to some here. We had 4 girls, dh went and had a Vasectomy which we both regretted and we had it reversed when our then youngest was 5. We have been blessed beyond belief with 4 post VR babies. We now have 8 children. 5 girls and 3 boys. I would truly love to leave our family size up to god, one huge factor for me though is that I have delivered all my children via c-section due to medical necessit. I was advised last delivery that it wouldn't be wise to have any more children as my uterus is thinning and scarred. I am 42 this year so feel like time is not on my side either, I strangely keep feeling like there is one more babe out there waiting to come into the family but I struggle to consider TTC knowing it's not what doctors recommend. Dh feels done but I now he would be open to another if he knew I really felt 100% about it. We are currenlty using condoms only. It's on my mind a lot. I pray about it a lot. Just wanted to share our story and thank everyone who has shared theirs
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #396
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothlover8 View Post
Hi all, I have read this thread many times but haven't posted, I am so surprised at how similar our journey has been to some here. We had 4 girls, dh went and had a Vasectomy which we both regretted and we had it reversed when our then youngest was 5. We have been blessed beyond belief with 4 post VR babies. We now have 8 children. 5 girls and 3 boys. I would truly love to leave our family size up to god, one huge factor for me though is that I have delivered all my children via c-section due to medical necessit. I was advised last delivery that it wouldn't be wise to have any more children as my uterus is thinning and scarred. I am 42 this year so feel like time is not on my side either, I strangely keep feeling like there is one more babe out there waiting to come into the family but I struggle to consider TTC knowing it's not what doctors recommend. Dh feels done but I now he would be open to another if he knew I really felt 100% about it. We are currenlty using condoms only. It's on my mind a lot. I pray about it a lot. Just wanted to share our story and thank everyone who has shared theirs
Can you get a 2nd opinion? Did the OB that recommended you not have anymore babies have experience with women with multiple C/S (besides you of course )? I only ask b/c I'm pregnant with #5 and it will be my 5th C/S - I find hope in knowing there are mamas out there who have had 8 C/S . Even at this stage in the game though I have heard from docs who don't support multiple C/S b/c they don't have experience with it...I don't know what I would do in your shoes? Would they deliver the baby early if you got pregnant again? Like 38 weeks? Will they work with you and just monitor you extra closely like with extra U/S or something? These are some of the questions I would ask before making up my mind I think...GL mama!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #397
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've been reading. I'm in the 2WW of our 6th cycle of leaving it up to God. That has surprised me since we've conceived the first cycle twice and the 2nd cycle once. I believe a couple cycles ago I had a very early loss, but we can't be sure. I plan to test Sat or Sun (9-10ish DPO), I'm feeling tired and crampy like I did the cycle I think we had a loss, which makes me excited that someone might be implanting, but nervous too. We are shopping for a larger van, might be going to look at one this weekend, it's a Ford 12 pass, Silver, back-up sensors and tinted windows, all things that I really want! Fingers crossed!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #398
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are excitedly expecting #3. Prayers appreciated, especially for the postpartum period.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #399
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

congrats!!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #400
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOO-HOO!! CONGRATS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
We are excitedly expecting #3. Prayers appreciated, especially for the postpartum period.