Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Registered Users
Staycation Ideas in VA

My sitter will be on vacation at the end of the month. I'm taking the entire week off to spend with my son. He's 2, and I'd like to do something fun with him. We live in Central VA, but I'm willing to drive up to 3 hours either way.

I'm thinking the beach one day, the VA Beach aquarium another day... and i'm at a loss for the rest of the week.

Idealy, I'd like to leave in the morning, and be home by 7 or 8 at night.

It will just be my son and I.

Any and all ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

starfairy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Staycation Ideas in VA

The aquarium in VA beach is fun, there's also a zoo in Norfolk, about 25 mins from there. It's really fun! They also have a small petting zoo with farm animals.

Last edited by Timandalotte; 06-29-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Timandalotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Richmond's Maymont park has a petting zoo that is good for small children--but you may want to bring your stroller and see the rest of the animals! The park is large, so be prepared to walk. It's not far from a great kid's spot called Cartwheels and Coffee, which is an inexpensive indoor play place for him to play with other kids while you have a cup of coffee (or play with him!) I take my two year old there pretty often, and he loves all the different activities.
PresqueNoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Registered Users

If you're willing to come to the northern end there's the National zoo in DC and the Air and Space Museum. It's always so loud that I feel safe (noise wise) taking my 2.5 year old there. Or you could have a picnic on the National Mall. Burke Lake park to blow bubbles (bring cash and you can take them on the train), and once in a blue moon we like going to Krispy Kreme in Alexandria, I sit back and sip my coffee while my lo eats a doughnut and then she's fascinated watching them make doughnuts. Seriously, we have spent 2 hours there before.
Nottelling is offline   Reply With Quote