Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #21
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

So, I keep the June thread bookmarked on my phone and I looked at it yesterday and I thought wow no one has been on in a few days. Just dawned on me that it is now July! I guess I am in total denial that our babies will be one next month.

Crystal, sorry to hear about your dog. We have a shih-tzu as well...they are super sweet dogs. Hope he heals quickly.

We had a pretty quiet 4th. Hung out with some neighbors in the cul-de-sac...did a few sparklers. It rained for a while, so it was short. Totally fine with me...not that big into fireworks anyway. I didn't feel like dragging all 4 kids downtown..I worry about things happening at night.

Britt, you have the cutest kiddos...love their outfits!

It's super hot here, as always. I guess I'm just used to it. We could not live without air conditioning. I'm just glad not to be pregnant this summer...I was miserable by this point last year.

Af far as first birthday presents go, we already got Brynn her big present...a swingset with slide and climbing wall. I know she's too little for it now, but she loves swinging in the baby swing. The one I wanted was on sale at TRU, so we went ahead and got it. She is obsessed with her big sister's Pillow Pet, so we are getting her her own, and a toddler sized blanket for her bed that matched her lovey. Here it is...so soft! http://www.angeldear.net/cuddle/2021_giraffe.php

Anyway, here is a pic from yesterday.

And here is a picture of all the girls feet...I know weird, but I love baby toes! This was the first time we painted Brynn's toes and she loves them.

ETA: As far as shoes go Brynn usually is barefoot. If we go somewhere she has to walk I slip her Robeez on. Her feet aren't quite ready for the next size Pedipeds which stinks because I bought a sandal style for this summer.

Advertisement

Last edited by katengrace; 07-06-2012 at 01:13 AM.
katengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #22
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

saltines for supper for the kids...it's been that kind of day.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness, love the pics Carrie! I can't believe you got them all to smile at the same time and the little toes are so cute!

Whew, it's been a busy few days! Odie had his surgery Tues and is finally doing pretty well today. He has some of his spunk back and isn't just lying on the floor like he did since his surgery.

Tues we had a BBQ/ swimming bday party in memory of Luke's brother. It was a lot of fun. Ended up going to the bar after and instead of staying for 1/2 hour like we said ended up being there til close. Oofta. Bed at 3:30 to get up at 5 for work is not cool. Stupid stupid.

For the 4th I worked from 6 to 10 and then got everyone ready for the parade. It was SO hot I started feeling like I would pass out toward the end of it and went in the AC to nap with Seni for a couple hours. Then we went to the park where there is always a ton of stuff going on and found out the truck pulls hadn't even started yet so that was cool. Watched those for awhile and took the kids to the kids games and ate some food. We went back home to cool down for a bit and went to a friend's right by the park for a cookout, drinks, and to watch the fireworks before dropping off the kids before going out the night we were actually supposed to. Yesterday was a day for recovery and today it was back to work and cleaning after we got home!

We were supposed to go somewhere for fireworks tonight but it's storming a bit so I'm thinking they might do it tomorrow instead.

Oh, and Seni got her 4th tooth today! They're coming fast now. She also started waving and saying "mama".
Old 07-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey all! Hope your having a good start to your weekend! I'm getting ready to leave for a girls yard sale morning with my mom and a girlfriend and Harper. Fun! Caleb has a soccer tournament at 10 this morning and were planning I swim after that. Gonna be a busy day! And hot too.....

Harper is walking full time now. I guess she just decided that that pinky tip she's been clinging to for a week and a half wasn't doing much anyway. Lol Silly girl

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #25
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm losing my little chunkster from all this walking! I think he may go down a size in clothes. Crazy kid.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

alright, mommas with hand foot mouth babies.....how did the rash first present itself. did it just look like heat rash then blister? or were they clearly blister-like to begin with?

took kezia to the doc yesterday, no rash at the time. now, rash. not sure if it is heat rash, or beginning hand foot mouth rash. it's on her back, front and a little on her face.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For Brynn it started with little bumps around her mouth followed immediately by blisters on her feet. She never had any on her body...just mouth, throat, feet and hands. She ran a fever 2 days prior. Has she been running a temp?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes, up to 103.5 on thursday night. been running a fever since tuesday night
Old 07-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #29
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that lovely moment when you realize you way almost 10lbs more than this time last year...when you were pregnant. honestly, makes me want to eat some chocolate...and go to bed.

but, I've got a kitchen to find buried beneath the rubble of a few days of doing nothing.

bleh, sorry, I'm having a down day.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #30
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Aww Naomi . You need a big fat :hug:. Sorry your having a rough day mama. Just to give you some hope, we ran fevers here but never developed any rash. I kept waiting but it never showed. Hopefully they've just got some other random virus that's passing.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote