Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
gr33nie
Registered Users
seller

Just an OT thought

Well I was just writing about how in a couple of days I'm going to try and use a prefold for the first time and it's this new and scary thing for me and I was thinking...

It's kind of sad how so many girls and boys grow up these days without even seeing things like diapers being pinned and washed and women breastfeeding. It's like people accept the fact that diapers go in the trash and babies are fed with bottles (no judgements on bottle feeding mammas).

Just an OT thought...

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just an OT thought

well, the best thing we can do is be a good example for all the rest, if this is what be believe and what works for us. Even though some people may have tried to bf or to cd and it didn't work, at least it's not foreign to see or have knowledge, KWIM? (hope I didn't offend, tried to word it with understanding and compassion for all different ideas)

My girls have seen both cloth and paper diapers being used, and have seen both bfing and bottle feeding in use as well. They know all of it works but have naturally played with their stuffed dolls and animals using cloth diapers and pretended to bf them too. It will ultimately be up to them in the future, whether they take their childhood experiences and use them for real life situations.
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
well, the best thing we can do is be a good example for all the rest, if this is what be believe and what works for us. Even though some people may have tried to bf or to cd and it didn't work, at least it's not foreign to see or have knowledge, KWIM? (hope I didn't offend, tried to word it with understanding and compassion for all different ideas)

My girls have seen both cloth and paper diapers being used, and have seen both bfing and bottle feeding in use as well. They know all of it works but have naturally played with their stuffed dolls and animals using cloth diapers and pretended to bf them too. It will ultimately be up to them in the future, whether they take their childhood experiences and use them for real life situations.
Yeahthat!
DD asked me if she could bring one of DS's cloth dipes that I made him to school for 'show and tell'
Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 AM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2
Yeahthat!
DD asked me if she could bring one of DS's cloth dipes that I made him to school for 'show and tell'
LOL how cute...my 11yr old has seen cloth in action with both his younger brothers and formula and now bf'ing...i just hope that all my boys will encourage their partners to use cloth and bf
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote