Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
Cooper04
Registered Users
seller

Re: What will you diaper your newborn in?

I have tots bots, lil joeys and thirsties. I am thinking about getting prefolds and a covers. I hope this works :/

Advertisement

Cooper04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #32
Tjohn
Registered Users

For our newborn we are planning on prefolds and covers then AIO.
Tjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
MrsRicearoni
Registered Users
seller

I didn't think I could convince my husband to let me CD if I even brought up prefolds so I skipped those all together (tho I may consider grabbing a few later on as back ups for wash days if need be). To start out so far I have 4 nb workhorses w/snaps and 18 w/outm(and two snappis), 3KL0s one thirsties xs cover and one thirsties duo size 1. I plan to get a few more covers to go with the fitteds and hopefully around 10 or so Kawaii P&Ns as a more friendly option for my husband or anyone else that may change her diaper as well as while out and about. I'm hoping this will give me enough to wash EOD and I'm hoping the Kawaii P&Ns will allow me a little wiggle room to more slowly buy my OS stash as I believe they will fit for a few months.
MrsRicearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #34
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRicearoni View Post
I didn't think I could convince my husband to let me CD if I even brought up prefolds so I skipped those all together (tho I may consider grabbing a few later on as back ups for wash days if need be). To start out so far I have 4 nb workhorses w/snaps and 18 w/outm(and two snappis), 3KL0s one thirsties xs cover and one thirsties duo size 1. I plan to get a few more covers to go with the fitteds and hopefully around 10 or so Kawaii P&Ns as a more friendly option for my husband or anyone else that may change her diaper as well as while out and about. I'm hoping this will give me enough to wash EOD and I'm hoping the Kawaii P&Ns will allow me a little wiggle room to more slowly buy my OS stash as I believe they will fit for a few months.
Have you used the Kawaii before? I am thinking of trying Kawaii heavy wetters for my 2 yr old and saw the P&N, wasn't sure if they were a good option
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
MrsRicearoni
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy View Post
Have you used the Kawaii before? I am thinking of trying Kawaii heavy wetters for my 2 yr old and saw the P&N, wasn't sure if they were a good option
I haven't CDd at all yet as this lo will be my first, so no I have not used them. But I am active on the bump and several moms from the CD board there swear by them, and specifically recommend the P&Ns for use for NB so for the price I figure it'd be worth giving a try.
MrsRicearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #36
spcops05
Registered Users
seller

I've received quite a few disposable dipes with gifts so I will use those up before I start cd'ing baby #2
spcops05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #37
ClothAngel
Registered Users
seller

I didn't CD my daughter until she was 2.5 months and by then OS fit her great. We are CDing #2 from the beginning but from what I hear OS diapers start fitting *well* around 10lbs even though they are rated to go as low as 8lbs. I think it really depends on your baby. My friends baby has skinny legs but is only like 9 lbs so they struggle with a good leg fit in a OS. But on that same hand most newborn diapers only fit until about 12 lbs. So I think you have to just take into account how big your babies usually are and how fast they grow. If you have bigger babies or 8lb babies I would say don't do newborns just do OS diapers. Our daughter was only 6lbs so we have been stocking up on newborn CD's (that and we want at least 2 more kids so we will get lots of use!). Either way you can't go wrong! CD's are so much fun!
ClothAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #38
hendrixbri
Registered Users
seller

I'm planning to use GMD orange edge prefolds and a few bummis covers I picked up used on here. I have a feeling he will be a big baby so hopefully we won't have to use those long... Afterward I want to use Flips during the day so I have those on hand to use with the prefolds if he's a chunky newborn!
hendrixbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #39
Fryedaddy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll be using bum genius aio once she loses cord. Used them with my first. They are easy to wash. They have leaks sometimes but seems like everything does at one point or another. I think these are super easy to use!
Fryedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #40
RoseRed18
Registered Users

I'm planning on Cding from birth. I like the Thirsties AIO brand (I hope they will work for her) and I'm also going to get prefolds as well. Doing a combo of both for the husband's ease and going places. I hope it all works out well!
RoseRed18 is offline   Reply With Quote