Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
William's Doll

I love these pictures! My little guy loves his dolly, and helping take care of his baby sister. I wish all little boys had dolls to learn to cherish, so they grow up to be good daddies and husbands later.

Has anyone read the book? I am requesting it at our local library.

Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: William's Doll

I haven't read it though both of my boys have always had dolls. We actually just watched the Sesame Street episode today where Baby Bear has a doll and he feels embarrassed but Gordon tells him that there is no such thing as "boy toys vs girl toys". It is a super sweet episode, the boys love it. Usually they don't watch SS much anymore being 6 & 10 but we really like that one.
ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Registered Users

I love this book but we dont have it. Those pics were adorable! My neighbor got freaked out when her 3 year old wantex to push my dds baby in her stroller. I was totally confused. I legitimately believe she thought he was going to catch teh gayz from playing with a doll. People are idiots.
I, mama to dd A (3-08) dfs J (10/11) and in love with newbie dfd N! (10/13)
hopeful pre-adoptive foster family
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have never read that book, but it looks great! I love those pictures also! My son had dolls when he was younger, and a whole ton of stuffed animals. Even at 13, he still has some stuffed animals that he is attached to. He is GREAT with babies! Just this week, he and I volunteered at our church during VBS in the room with the one year olds. We also had 3 teen girls in there with us. I have to honestly say that my son was much more nurturing with those babies, and instinctively knew what they needed better than the girls did. He was fantastic with them! He is going to make a great father someday.
Mom to Greyson, 14

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote