Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why is being a parent SO hard?!

being a mom is super hard - the hardest job i have ever had. there are def days that seem even harder and days i honestly want to move into my own apartment and im not sure if anyone loves being a parent every minute of the day - but if there are some im not one either, so your not alone! i dont really think being a parent ever gets easy. i have an 11 & 13 yr old and they have gone through different stages/phases in life and its always been alot of work. you just have to take it one day at a time, find a way to do something positive for yourself, and try to relax and have lots of patience! oh and come on DS to vent

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Parenting is an amazing experience... It's full of love and wonder and the joy of innocence that we lose as we get older. It's also exhausting somedays and tries your patience regularly.

Often, we think of what things "should" be like and compare to others. When, in actual fact, we would have it easier if we changed our own expectations. I don't expect my babies to sleep through the night, if they do, it's a joyous milestone.

I am firm, but flexible; and with young ones, being flexible, as well as setting achievable expectations, is a gift you can give yourself.

Always remember, "they won't be doing this forever." Whether it's sleeping issues, tantrums, etc. they won't be doing it forever. It's such a short time that they're little, and they move from one phase to the next.

Best wishes.
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

I will say though, now that I am in the teen years with my oldest, the baby and toddler years are way easier, only because so much of the work is physical.

I love my kids, I love watching them play with each other and discover things and laugh and smile etc etc etc. All that good mushy junk.

I will also be glad when they are out of the house and DH and I can enjoy just being with each other.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
jhays84
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel ya. Ds is 11 months and walking. I struggle to get my self to the bathroom with out a screaming fit. He's a velcro baby and he will not attach himself to his daddy... I want more kids. But I don't know if I can mentally handle more kids. Ds was a great baby as long as he was held. Never cried. But I'm scared my next one will scream all the time. Makes me glad I have 4 more years left on my IUD. And I pray it doesn't fail me..

I'm going to attempt to go back to work in september. I'm scared daycare will be a disaster. But I think he needs it.. idk maybe I'm crazy..

Jessica Sent from my DROID3 using DS Forum
Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my first, I started getting my sea legs when she was 18 months. That was when I felt I could maybe ttc and have one more. In fact, 18 months was a little golden time for me with my daughter that I cherish.

By contrast, my son will be 1 on Monday and he is a lot of work. He's doing his job, which is learning about his world, but he's doing that by pushing chairs up to counters and other furniture to climb and destroy. He can't be reasoned with and it is taxing. This phase can't end quickly enough, but it does end, in a blink. So hang on there, relief is coming.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
You're not alone.

DD is 3 and I'm wishing for the the 2's to come back! Everything is a struggle! Bedtime takes 1.5 hours nightly, she's so hot and cold all the time and everything is no . It's emotionally draining to take in all of her attitude and not allow it to get to me.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #17
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you mind if I recommend a blog? It's called Finding Joy (http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/) and it's really inspiring. I read it when I'm having a rough day.

I feel like a lot of mommy bloggers put on a show, and this blogger is positive while also being honest. Check out her "Dear Mom" letters, she just put them all in one post yesterday and they are nice to read when your expectations of how life should be aren't lining up with how they really are. I don't know, I just really like her style and her attitude about things. To try harder in some areas but to give yourself a break, too.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Welcome to parenthood, the most stressful, harrowing, frightening, amazing, wonderful, overwhelming, hectic, beautiful thing you will ever do.

Mama, I totally understand! I feel this way alot!

And then, 15 minutes later I'll be crying that he won't be little forever!

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com

Last edited by dancermommy1; 07-13-2012 at 06:42 AM.
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #19
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
I feel the same way as you, mama, especially on the hard days like today. I found myself looking at the clock every 30 seconds wondering when DH would get home so I could just get a break.

I have a good friend whose son is the same age as my DD. She is trying to get pregnant again. I feel like I need a good 4 years minimum to recover emotionally from the past 14 months since my DD has been born. I don't understand how some moms can be so gung ho about doing it all over again, whereas I just feel like I've been run over by a truck and don't have the desire to repeat the experience anytime in the near future.
I feel the same way! The first 6-8 weeks of DD's life were a complete blur to me. I was a total zombie from the sleepless nights and the frustrations that came with nursing. I'm in no way ready to do it again. And sometimes I think I might never want to do it again. I'm hoping this will pass with time and I'll want another baby eventually. But I definitely don't see us TTC for at least another year or so.

We've been getting the "so are you going to have another baby" question a lot lately. It makes me feel like I should be ready to have another, but I'm just not. I'm not interested in raising 2 babies at once. Although DD is a "toddler" she really is still a baby to me because she's dependent on me for everything.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #20
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1

Mama, I totally understand! I feel this way alot!

And then, 15 minutes later I'll be crying that he won't be little forever!
haha, this is so me! I get so sentimental. One minute I just want to scream, "Stop touching me!" and the next I'm in tears because he's getting too big.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote