Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why is being a parent SO hard?!

<--- Doesn't enjoy being a parent sometimes. It is HARD and thankless most of the time. I love my kids to pieces and wouldn't give them back for ANYTHING, but man, sometimes I wish I could pee alone. Or just have a minute to myself. Aaaahh. You aren't alone

As far as how you would handle a second, you just would. You think you can't, but you can. And the same goes for a third.

Advertisement

Last edited by alsatia23; 07-13-2012 at 10:02 AM.
alsatia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
H's mom
Registered Users
seller

Oh man, it's hard. I think it's harder for some people than others. My friends tell me it's hard but they keep having more children so it must not be that bad! Me, I'm pretty sure I'm done with just one. Just like you, OP, he's the love of my life and the apple of my eye, but there's no way on God's green earth I want to go through this again.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
With my first, I started getting my sea legs when she was 18 months. That was when I felt I could maybe ttc and have one more. In fact, 18 months was a little golden time for me with my daughter that I cherish.

*snip*
"Sea legs" - Yup, that's perfect!

DD threw up in the car today. Acted funky the whole way home. Then got obstinate (ie: she was fine at that point) during lunch. Then took AN HOUR AND A HALF to fall asleep for her nap. DS is still awake in his bed.

I NEED A VACATION.

*deep breath* Thank you.

To you, OP -
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read the responses but one piece of advice I would give is don't worry about the future so much now. Don't worry about how you'll do when you come off the meds...don't worry about what it will be like with another kid. That baby may be easier than this one and you would have been worrying about a difficult baby for nothing. You're doing well on meds NOW...you only have ONE child NOW...Just take it one day at a time. I have a tendency to get really stressed out if I dwell too much on what may happen in the future. Hugs to you, mama. Parenting isn't easy for any of us. Support from friends and family really helps when we hit those rough patches.
https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #25
Josiekitty
Registered Users
seller

My DD is 19th months and someday I still feel I am SOOO isolate, tired......

Just join a local MOPS group, meet the most wonderful group of moms, they provide a place for me to relax, chat, among others. The support I get is priceless. Check to c if there is a mops in ur town
Josiekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There's a reason I waited 5 years for #2. I was totally in love but completely overwhelmed. It certainly gets easier as they get older but its never easy. The best advice I can give would be to take the days slow, don't try to be supermom and enjoy your time with her.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #27
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for posting this. hugs to you mama!!! It will get better!!! And I really enjoyed reading some of these responses!!! Some of them are so me and some I totally needed bc I have felt the same way!
One minute I just want to be alone for 5 minutes. The next I want to cuddle them all up on the couch and keep them small forever!
Feel free to pm me if you ever need to vent or talk! I know what you're going thru!

Sent from my iPhone