Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
.....all the time? Besides things like CDs, car paperwork etc? I have friends who keep a Rubbermaid bin filled with extras and don't even carry a diaper bag because they have all that in the car.

I keep my Mac stroller, BB2, coloring books and a pencil box of crayons, a few spare diapers and an extra pack of wipes, ds3 keeps his little batman laptop under his seat, and a little electronic Baby Einstein musical toy for dd to play with in her seat. I bring my bag out/in with me each trip. That's it. I do not like clutter so I haul/clear out stuff depending on the outing.

ETA I also have jumper cables, two folding chairs, a big park blanket in the back.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 07-14-2012 at 12:34 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
When my girls were little I had the diaper bag with diapers, bottles, formula ect. As the bottles went away the diaper bag got smaller and with dd2 it evetually was just a wet bag coming and going. As the diapers left I kept a change of clothes for each one in the car. Now that they are 7and 5 they have lots of books and a couple of toys. I also have a pinic blanket and jumper cables.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Nothing but car paperwork and carseats of course. I do try to keep one hand sanitizer and a thing of wet wipes in the console though.

I don't allow toys in the car unless its a long trip. I don't have a diaper-bag because I hate clutter. When we go somewhere we pack what we need then clean the van out right away and put things back where they belong.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you keep in your car

The only thing I keep in the car is a light jacket for DD when we go grocery shopping. You can't really keep anything in the car here, it will be destroyed from the heat.
Samandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
Nothing but car paperwork and carseats of course. I do try to keep one hand sanitizer and a thing of wet wipes in the console though.

I don't allow toys in the car unless its a long trip. I don't have a diaper-bag because I hate clutter. When we go somewhere we pack what we need then clean the van out right away and put things back where they belong.
this...almost verbatim!! My car is really small though (Saturn Ion and 3 kids in car seats). It's possible I will keep a bin or something when we get a bigger car in spring, but we'll see. I really hate clutter too and can't stand when anything is left in my car after we get home. The ONLY thing I keep in there all the time is my re-usable grocery bags because otherwise I will forget them.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

May I ask why no toys? I'm thinking maybe because the projectile risk? Just curios.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I keep a double stroller
a change of clothes for each child
and a clean shirt for myself
a couple diapers for each baby
a lightweight jacket for each child
a framed backpack and a pouch sling or front pack
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt

May I ask why no toys? I'm thinking maybe because the projectile risk? Just curios.
Because I have 7 kids...hahhaa. It gets too hot here in the summer that stuff gets destroyed, and I hate dragging toys everywhere.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
TyAndCheyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a rubber made tote in back of each vehicle with emergency supplies. Gallons of water. Medical supplies for dd and I. Exta diapers and wipes.
I also keep a change of clothes for each person.
I also have an solar charger for my cell phone so that no matter what I won't be without my phone.

I try and keep things in passenger area to a minimum. I allow pillows and small blankets. I use a strap on my daughters bags that have medical equipment to keep them in place.

I also stopped carrying DVDs around and now just load all movies on iPod and hook that into the screen for kid to watch.
TyAndCheyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sunglasses (unless I am wearing them) gps, tissues, a few pens and a pad of paper, spare set of eye glasses for me some cd's a bin of toys and books for the kids and a rubbermaid bin in the back with bottles of water, granola bars several warm blankets, diapers and wipes, sunscreen, a emergency car kit (fix a flat, jumper cables flare etc.) and an atlas of the us.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote