Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 chat--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

So today (well, I guess technically yesterday - the 7th), was dgs' birthday!! They celebrated just the 3 of them in Hawaii. I go next week and bring them back with me, so we are planning his actual party for the 26th.

I did want to post a few pics of him from today on the beach.

He LOVES the water!!

He actually doesn't much mind the sand either!

This is my favorite - love his little face!

I wanted to post a pic of his precious b-day party invites I made, but I realized they have a little too much info on them. Bummer. They are SO adorable!

Anyway, I can't WAIT to get him back here!

Advertisement

Last edited by greengranny; 08-07-2012 at 11:40 PM.
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy Birthday to all the little ones which have had their birthday already!
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could cry. our camera broke. 1 (or 20) too many encounters with the concrete outside. It's just a point-n-shoot, sony cybershot, but of course it has to break right before all the kid's birhdays and especially kezia's first! grr. frantically searching craigslist and other places for a super cheap one. doesn't help we are very tight financially right now either. bleck.
on a good note, sydney is off spendign a few days with grandma and grandpa (my parents) and, I gotta say, the house is pretty quiet without her and elijah trying to kill each other every other minute. speaking of quiet, I better get a move on, just barely getting myself pulled back together enough to beginning cleaning up from the party...haven't done laundry in days (never a good idea) and finally got more vaccum bags so I can find our carpet again. good grief, we needa dog to eat up all the cheerios the kids toss on the floor.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yesterday was insane. While I was changing June my little day care boy dropped a huge rock on his foot. As I cleaned him up, his sister got stung on the head by a wasp. Izzy started running a fever and went to bed at 6:30. June got stung by a wasp. Ray found 4 wasp nests! I walked by Casper's crib and hit my elbow. No big deal until it started throbbing and I passed out! Who knew your elbow could do that? (totally common I found out on the web!) I guess I slammed my arm , back and shoulder on my down with Casper's little bedside table. I have huge bruises and a big scrape on my neck. Super sore today. Izzy still has a fever. I'm hoping the rest of the week is uneventful.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #25
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness Amy! If all that happened to me, I might rethink getting out of the bed the next day! I hope everyone is okay!

I hope you have luck finding a camera Naomi. I haven't had one in years because I just wind up forgetting it and using my iPhone anyway.

Afm, I'm wrapping up things around here preparing for my trip to Hawaii to get dd and dgs. I'll be there a week then we will head back here. Two days after we get back here, we will have his bday party, so I've been buying what I can ahead of time, making goody buckets and some of the party favors. He's having a sailor party (his dad is in the Navy). We have some cute things planned.

I paid the balance on my Disney trip today! We leave in 45 days!! Ds, dd, dgs and I are going. My oldest dd is going with her new hubby in December, and my youngest dd is in college and can't make this trip. It's gonna be a blast though! I can't WAIT to take dgs!!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. I can't wait to see more birthday pics of all the little ones!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #26
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Naomi sorry about your camera but maybe you can find a better one on craigslist or borrow a friends?
Amy sounds like someone is trying to sabotage your fam! Wow..
I am getting set to make the giraffe cake for micah! He is running around naked latley bc of a rash and it is so cute to watch him
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #27
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I found a camera. very similar to what I currently have (which is great, cuz then I can still use the same memory sticks) and only $20. I'd love to get a nice quality camera sometime, but this will do great in the meanwhile. thankfully, my camera works enought to download the pictures off of it.
sooo, ta-dah, here are a couple pics from the birthday party, mostly some fun ones from a photo booth area I set up.

couldn't get her to smile- apparently mermaids don't like being out of water

elijah and some of the pirate props I made

elijah as peter pan (my mom made the costume)

kezia as tinkerbell

"tinkerbells do not like grass"

the kiddo gang
Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #28
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2 days old - i think
"what is this horrid think on my head!?!"

not her offical 1 year pic, but from her party
"do you people hate me or what!?!"
Old 08-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #29
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
So apparently I was lost in the July thread still Amy came and rescued me though so here I am! . I can be so dull I swear, I never even noticed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the little ones who have celebrated already! And congrats to us mamas for making it through year one with new members of our families!

Naomi, LOVE the Peter Pan theme. The photo booth is adorable and so are your kiddos! I'm glad your camera didn't lose the pics.

Amy, how you got up the next morning is beyond me! What a day you had! How are the wasp stings and your bruises doing?

Allison, Peyton is too cute! Isn't it funny how you never really longed for somehow until you knew you were getting it? I totally understand that because I feel that way too.

Stacey, dgs is so stinking cute! It's sweet of you to throw him a party and take them to Disney! Have safe travels!

Steph, boys have grown SO much!! Luke looks like such a big boy now! The bead bucket looks like it was fun, I might have to steal that idea! Glad Vinnie enjoyed his cake finally!

Hallie, love the new name and avi pic! I hope you'll share pics of the cake too, I'm sure it turned out great!

Sabrina, I'm right there with ya on the memory lane trips. I find myself thinking about so many things from the beginning and I can't believe it's been a year already

Jacky, Maverick is way too cute! Love those eyes!!

Melissa, Mary is such a beautiful girl. Her eyes smile as bright as her mouth! Love her little piggies!

Afm, im loving all the pics and updates! I'm taking the three youngest to the zoo today and ds1 has a soccer tourny all day and Dh is taking him. Dd is nearly running these days so this should be fun, it's her first trip to the zoo!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 08-11-2012 at 06:08 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #30
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad you made it Brittany. I was wondering why you were MIA!!

I hope you'll post some pics of those cuties from the zoo!