Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
Deema13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Connecticut moms?

My family will be relocating to ct in a few weeks from las vegas, not sure where exactly yet trying to find a house to rent from another state is difficult . We will most likely be in new london or in the area right around there. If anyone is from there could you please tell me if there are any specific towns that we should avoid when looking for a house.

Advertisement

Deema13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deema13
My family will be relocating to ct in a few weeks from las vegas, not sure where exactly yet trying to find a house to rent from another state is difficult . We will most likely be in new london or in the area right around there. If anyone is from there could you please tell me if there are any specific towns that we should avoid when looking for a house.
We live near the New London area. Will you be here long term? What kind of city/ town are you looking for? What is important to you in an area?

There are good and bad parts of New London.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
Deema13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes it will be long term, honestly the most important thing to me in a town is safety and good schools. My husband will be working at Mohegan sun so with an reasonable driving distance of there is also necessary .
Deema13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #24
oxlucky13xo
Registered Users

Im in Oakville/Watertown
oxlucky13xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #25
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lovestef* View Post
Me! I'm way over on the Eastern side though, close to RI
Hey, I am too!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deema13
Yes it will be long term, honestly the most important thing to me in a town is safety and good schools. My husband will be working at Mohegan sun so with an reasonable driving distance of there is also necessary .
Ledyard or Gales Ferry!
Gales Ferry is a "Village" of Ledyard. All Ledyard school system. Some of the best in SE CT. It would also be a very quick drive to Mohegan. Ledyard is a nice "sleepy" town but is close enough to everything you need (very safe!). I would be careful with Norwich. Its similar to New London. Some good parts and some very bad. Also the schools in Norwich arent the greatest. Groton is also close to Mohegan. The schools are decent. Oakdale/ Montville/ Jewitt City may be options for you as well. I'm not to knowledgable about their school systems.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
Erinjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm from Norwich but living in Branford. We don't have any diaper stores that i know of except a place that sells gdiapers. I have bought all mine off the Internet.
Erinjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
cynhilly
Registered Users

Wow, I can't believe there are so many of you!! I started this thread but then didn't get notified when anyone responded and didn't think to check manually, thinking that nobody responded! We are on the eastern side as well, very close to the Buckland Hills mall for those of you from Enfield and other nearby places. Nice to know I've got neighbors on here! I'll definitely subscribe so I actually get notified from now on when people reply!
cynhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #29
cynhilly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansie19
So let me ask you all, where can you buy CDs in CT, or do you know of any consignment stores that carry them? I can never find them. BabysRus and Target have a few but I would love to find used.
I have bought all of my diapers on Craigslist! You have to troll for a while to find good diapers at good prices, but there is not a very big market for cloth diapers on there (that I've seen) so you can bargain on the prices a bit!
cynhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #30
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynhilly
Wow, I can't believe there are so many of you!! I started this thread but then didn't get notified when anyone responded and didn't think to check manually, thinking that nobody responded! We are on the eastern side as well, very close to the Buckland Hills mall for those of you from Enfield and other nearby places. Nice to know I've got neighbors on here! I'll definitely subscribe so I actually get notified from now on when people reply!
There is a CT thread in the Local section that is like hundreds and hundreds of posts. Its not super active but there are a lot more CT mamas in the main CT thread.