Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
tristansmile
Registered Users
seller

Organic Veg in Toronto

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find reasonably priced organic meats, eggs and veg in downtown Toronto. The farmer's markets are sometimes cheap but so far all the one's I've been to have been about the same as the grocery stores. Even a preorder type program would be of interest. Thanks!

Advertisement

tristansmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
jakmommy2010
Registered Users

Re: Organic Veg in Toronto

Hi there,

I just saw your post and I wanted to give you some insight. Rowe Farms is excellent for organic meats and eggs. Anywhere along Leslieville is a sure bet but I can't guarantee "cheap".

We have used the mama earth organics home delivery service but I couldn't justify the price for our family of 5. But it was a beautiful box and you can cancel anytime.

We are partial to Longo's because well my hubby works there. Their selection is great and I LOVE Grocery Gateway.

Hope that helps.
jakmommy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

I also used to get the mama earth organic delivery when I lived in Toronto, I split it with my roommate and it wasn't the most pricey organic bin program I've had.

There is The Big Carrot grocery store on the Danforth, and then ofcourse Whole Foods, which does have some items reasonably priced. Other than that, St Lawrence market or just the organic section of the Metro or Loblaws sometimes is good.
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
naturebumz
Registered Users

Re: Organic Veg in Toronto

Organic vegetables aren't cheap. The cost to produce them and provide income for a family is much higher.

Certainly look at the farmers market, and grocery stores.
naturebumz is offline   Reply With Quote