Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #21
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

I called my ins company today and get a blunt "no". Our policy renews in January... Only 2 months from now. I've drafted a nice letter that I will come and share.

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #22
Jlocknload
Registered Users

Re: Pumps covered under Obamacare

I have Kaiser (S. California) and just saw in our Evidence of Coverage that they will cover the cost of a new pump and parts starting in January next year
Jlocknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #23
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My prev 2 ins covered it 80/20 if your dedect is met and 100% if your max OOP is met but the ins I have now doesn't cover crap.

As far as work, mine has to provide me w space and time to pump.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my insurance a pump is covered 100% as long as I get it from a specific vendor (they gave me a short list of where I can get it). It will NOT be covered until Jan. 1st as that is our policy renewal date.

Your best bet would be to call your insurance and find out what exactly they will cover for you. Each insurance company is different.(I have United Health Care just fyi)
ooocharmsooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My insurance will cover a new pump every 5 years if your OOT/deductable has been met. Just have to have a perscritption from the dr. I was very excited to get a new pump for DD. It was delivered to my hospital room the same day the dr. wrote the perscription.

As for work. We have a locker room and that is where I pump. It is all women and i have a little space set up. In the last 5 years DD is the 5th baby (3 by me and 2 by my coworker) so everyone is pretty use to it. I really don't care if they walk in, I face the corner. Most just ignore me but the ones that I am friends with will chat.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

I am really no help to you OP seeing as I am looking into it as well. My insurance said I qualify and I just called the place yesterday. I wanted to know for those that did get a Medela which one did it cover? On their website it just says Medela Advance with no picture. Kinda curious since it says it takes up to 5 business days to get here. I cant wait to be able to finally pump with an electric pump. My hands are tired from the Manual after 13 weeks of being in use.

Join Me on Swagbucks its how I have made $1,148 and rising for My family.
MrzP427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #27
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrzP427 View Post
I am really no help to you OP seeing as I am looking into it as well. My insurance said I qualify and I just called the place yesterday. I wanted to know for those that did get a Medela which one did it cover? On their website it just says Medela Advance with no picture. Kinda curious since it says it takes up to 5 business days to get here. I cant wait to be able to finally pump with an electric pump. My hands are tired from the Manual after 13 weeks of being in use.
The coupon they gave me says Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced. Not sure it that's just the one my insurance picked, or if everyone gets the same thing. I already have a PISA, was hoping to get the new AVENT this time - not sure whether it's worth the OOP.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #28
Jlocknload
Registered Users

Too bad this new bit "healthcare reform" didn't kick in earlier this year when I *had* to get a pump. My baby will be one year in February :-) and hubby is already asking for a boy in 2014 LOL So I hope the breastpump coverage will still be in effect then!

I work in a student health center at a local university. I have a private office/workstation which I was told I can pump in, but I see sick students a lot so I pump in another room where we do ear lavages (irrigation). We only do those few times each week so I can easily check the schedule to make sure the room is available when I need it. It has a sink and lots of counterspace. I clean the counter thoroughly and set up my pump at one end for the day. When I pump I just put a "Privacy Please" sign on the door. I even bring in a comfy chair to sit in while I pump. The other nurses and a couple doctors know what I am doing in there. One doctor found out inadvertently 'cause I absent-mindedly left my keys in the door! He knocked and then entered the door (eventhough I had my "Privacy" sign up)....I was wearing a cover and when he realized what I was doing he immediately dropped the keys on the counter and left LOL. I think he was more embarrassed than I was! He avoided me all day and then came to my office to apologize at the end of the shift. His wife just had a baby, too so I wasn't really worried 'cause I am sure he has seen all of it before LOL
Jlocknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #29
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this one

http://bettysbabystuff.com/medela/me...go-tote-113976

The home health store just asked if I wanted back pack or tote.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #30
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Does anyone know if you have state funded insurance if you still qualify for a pump? I have an 12 yr old Medela Pump In Style that I have used in my 3 previous pregnancies and have loaned out to 2 friends who each used it for 1 year, so I am a little worried that the motor will be shot by the time this next one is born and I start pumping.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote