Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Curious about fostering/adopting infants

It is a good thing. We're in one of the wealthiest counties in the country. The parents make enough to afford rehab, so often times they get the kids back and often it is family taking the kids. It's actually rare here for the parents to totally lose custody. Money does not fix everything, but the #1 reason people lose kids in our county is drugs, and it's typically not when they are babies and 95% of the time the kids go home quickly because the parents have the resources, and the county supports those efforts.

But it's rough being a foster parent who wants to adopt. If I lived 3 miles down the road I would be getting calls weekly about taking in little ones.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so anyway, I'm telling everyone this because *where* you live matters. If we'd have known this before, it would have been better but we didn't until we got into it completely.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Holt goes by your file & location of available that match your description of what you wanted. Some areas areclosed to new files because people want to adopt rrom them certain genders',ages, etc..... I'm adopted & know lots on holt....
Old 12-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #14
Amandamama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
so anyway, I'm telling everyone this because *where* you live matters. If we'd have known this before, it would have been better but we didn't until we got into it completely.
Not sure if its possible where u are, but I know here kids can be placed out of county,say, in the next one over, if there isn't a spot in their own county, and transportation is worked out. We are really rural, so everyone is already travelling half an hour or more to get to visits anyways.

It might be worth calling another close county to see if they need foster parents.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

they don't go over county except in special circumstances ie a sibling group of 6 can stay together if they go over county lines or they need a nurse/doctor foster parent

For just a baby, or a teenager it won't happen
Old 12-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With the amount of opiate-dependent babies being born steeply rising each month, you actually can get an infant quite quickly in some areas.
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote