Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O what movie/show are you excited to watch with your child when they're old eno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
The Last Unicorn has been my comfort movie my whole life i bought it on DVD right when it came out and found the soundtrack from Germany. I made my DH watch it when we were dating. clearly I can't wait to show my kid. We listen to the soundtrack in the car.

I can't wait to show my son the chipmunk adventure where they race the chippettes around the world in hot air balloons, Tintin, chip and dale rescue rangers, and Alice through the looking glass.
THats pretty similar to my love for the last Unicorn, Lyr is on my name list for another boy. I really want to like Amalthea...but...no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangasox View Post
The Princess Bride!! I can't wait! Though it will be disappointing if she doesn't love it...
Yes! Forgot about that one!

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O what movie/show are you excited to watch with your child when they're old eno

I love the last unicorn, but much prefer the book. I want to watch Bugs Bunny with my daughter and when she's older Invader Zim.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I love movies and tv and there are a lot of things I can't wait to introduce DS to when he is old enough. A few are The Last Unicorn, The Labyrinth, Buffy, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Firefly, and Blackadder. Can you tell I'm a nerd?
We are huge stargate fans here. Also Babalon five, startrek..I love picard. Firefly. Also Battlestar galactica, chip and dale rescue rangers, darkwing duck, ducktales, under the umberella tree, the ole ny litros ponies, thhe olé carebears,

We have the last unicorn book and like it
Old 09-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
The Last Unicorn has been my comfort movie my whole life i bought it on DVD right when it came out and found the soundtrack from Germany. I made my DH watch it when we were dating. clearly I can't wait to show my kid. We listen to the soundtrack in the car.

I can't wait to show my son the chipmunk adventure where they race the chippettes around the world in hot air balloons, Tintin, chip and dale rescue rangers, and Alice through the looking glass.
oh gawd! wooly bully! Loooved the Chipmunk movie as a kid. DD would love it. And the Last Unicorn was a fave of my sisters and I.

I recently bought DD the CAre Bears Movie and the CAre Bears Movie II. the one with Dark Heart at the summer camp, and the one with Nicholas and the magic book. She watched them all summer over and over. It was nice and quite nostalgic for me for awhile. then I got tired of them LOL

I'm also waiting for her to be old enough for Harry Potter. It would just scare her now

Last edited by corinne76; 09-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a few older kids so have been able to share lots of things already but I am excited for Monty Python Holy Grail and Rocky Horror
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07 View Post
We are huge stargate fans here. Also Babalon five, startrek..I love picard. Firefly. Also Battlestar galactica, chip and dale rescue rangers, darkwing duck, ducktales, under the umberella tree, the ole ny litros ponies, thhe olé carebears,

We have the last unicorn book and like it
I remember catching bits of Babylon 5 when my SO was watching it and always thinking it seemed really awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
I have a few older kids so have been able to share lots of things already but I am excited for Monty Python Holy Grail and Rocky Horror
Ah, Rocky Horror! How could I forget? I watched that with my sister when she was like 9 (I was like 17...bad idea looking back). I actually sing songs from it to my DS...I'll probably have to stop that before the questions start.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I have older kids so a lot we have seen. My littles love labyrinth though. 5 year old is in love with little monsters which was a fave of mine. We all watch princess bride every few months. My 14 year olds fave movie is the dark crystal.

I have never seen the unicorn movie that everyone talks about! Maybe I need to get that.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
aldermother
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just bought Labyrinth at a yard sale today! My son doesn't watch tv or movies during the regular school year, so I can't wait for winter break so I can show it to him!!!

The Neverending Story is the other one I am looking forward to.
We're a CDing (potty-learned), co-sleeping (bunk beds), extended BFing (weaned), baby-wearing (big boy-wearing), non-circing, Waldorf loving, tree-hugging, hand-me-downs-welcome Earth friendly family!
PT preschool teacher& FT Mama to my beautiful tree & our little growing sapling
aldermother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #19
aldermother
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and Legend when he's older.
We're a CDing (potty-learned), co-sleeping (bunk beds), extended BFing (weaned), baby-wearing (big boy-wearing), non-circing, Waldorf loving, tree-hugging, hand-me-downs-welcome Earth friendly family!
PT preschool teacher& FT Mama to my beautiful tree & our little growing sapling
aldermother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

When my oldest was a kid I was so so excited to see Goonies with her. Then, when we did watch it together, I was horrified! lol It's amazing what you forget and what you never realized you caught as a kid!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote