Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Best way to store u/s pics?

I could have posted this in a lot of places, LOL, but thought I'd check here. We have a RIDICULOUS amount of u/s pics!! I'm going to get them memory boxes (my son has one) and of course baby albums - but those albums never have enough room for them all. I'll probably just put them in the memory boxes, but does anyone know the best way to store them? In a sleeve, or no? Maybe in a small album? They're already starting to curl - and I want to get them in something to keep them safe.
Each girl will have her own box, so in the end they'll probably end up with close to 30 pics in each box - maybe more depending on what the doc decides to do. What do you think is the best way to put them in there? Or should I just put them in there unprotected? Thanks!!

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best way to store u/s pics?

Are us pics on acid free paper? I don't think they are? Anyhow, I would try stacking them with a piece of acid free paper between each pic. Then put them in a good box in a cool dry place. If they curl, put a small weight over them.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:22 AM   #3
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I suggest just in case they arent acid free to go to a reputible photo place and have them color copied. That way if they are destroyed, you have a back up.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
4kidzmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was just reading last night that u/s pictures don't last forever and you should scan them and have them on CD.
4kidzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #5
gymrat
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with the pp. Someone I know lost hers sons bc she did not know better and when she took them out a few yrs later the pics were gone.

Now-a-days some places like mine put them on CD for you. I was just able to print them out.

With my DS we had printed pics given to us by the doctor which I took pics of using my digital camera then I was able to print them myself. I think I also took scans of them.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I took digi pics of mine and they're stored on my computer now. My Dr.s office isn't that up to date, LOL.
Where are you pulling all of these old threads from? I had forgotten about this one, LOL!!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

You can take them to the Kodak kiosk at Target and have them re-printed onto photo paper. Then be sure to put them in an acid free, buffered paper scrapbook. The US paper is heat sensitive, so try not to get your originals too hot
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #8
gymrat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
Where are you pulling all of these old threads from? I had forgotten about this one, LOL!!
I was searching earlier today and this happened to be in my search and the topic caught my attention so I posted. Did not even look at the date it was started.