Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My bil and sister are angry at me

So my dh, our 5 kids, and I missed thanksgiving at their house because we were sick. My sister had just had a baby the month before and my mom was in the middle of chemo/radiation so we thought it best not to travel the four hours there and stay the weekend. Well we got grief for not going and missing what is probably my moms last thanksgiving. So ahead to christmas day. My dds who's 2 woke up with a high fever and a slight cough. We ran her to the er because we couldn't get fever down. She had an ear infection. The er doc said it was probably from the cold she had the week before (we seem to be passing the cold around). So we called sister and my dad and explained situation. They both said come to christmas anyway since it was in town and we would just keep dd away from the 2 month old. Yeah well we tried but dd kept trying to go near the baby. So now we are all sick here again with flu like symptoms and so is my bil and new baby. My bil is pissed because we got baby sick and is now saying we should never have gone and just ranting all over fb on how their baby has never cried so much and how inconsiderate people are for not staying home if they know they are sick.
wth - we called. Plus it is probably my moms last christmas and even if we had left dd home with one of us one of the other kids was probably infected.

Growl I hate family sometimes. I did apologize and we would have left dh and dd home had we known that she was coming down with the flu. But do they have to be so fricking mean about it?

Advertisement

ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My bil and sister are angry at me

Ehhhh...it happens. He'll get over it. We've gotten kids sick before. People have gotten my kids sick before. It happens.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I would comment on his FB saying HIS WIFE said for you all to come knowing your DD had a fever. He should be mad at her if he wants to be mad at anyone
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Ehhhh...it happens. He'll get over it. We've gotten kids sick before. People have gotten my kids sick before. It happens.
Yeah with five kids someone always seems to be sick in the winter. I am just frustrated that we asked them what they wanted us to do and he still is throwing fits on fb
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ever since my mom was diagnosed my sister and I haven't gotten along at all. My mom is there doing treatment so my sister feels she is in charge of everyone and everything including me so we have fought alot. So im trying not to start anything because it stresses my mom
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
Ever since my mom was diagnosed my sister and I haven't gotten along at all. My mom is there doing treatment so my sister feels she is in charge of everyone and everything including me so we have fought alot. So im trying not to start anything because it stresses my mom
It's not fair for him to trash you on FB though, when his wife told you to come over knowing the toddler was sick. I would comment on his post "we wanted to stay home but your wife insisted that we come visit. I'm sorry the baby is sick. This is exactly why we didn't want to come over.". And then hide his posts from your feed! LOL
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll View Post
It's not fair for him to trash you on FB though, when his wife told you to come over knowing the toddler was sick. I would comment on his post "we wanted to stay home but your wife insisted that we come visit. I'm sorry the baby is sick. This is exactly why we didn't want to come over.". And then hide his posts from your feed! LOL
Exactly, haha
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Lol. I just said we are very sorry she got sick but it was awesome that THEY decided it was worth the risk to have us all together on Christmas!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
I totally understand this. When my mom had cancer my sister "owned" everything too. I was far away and I just let her do her thing. I should tell you though that it continued after my mom passed and it became difficult to get a few specific mementos that were important to me.

Best wishes during what will be a tough year.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

This. It's their own fault. They insisted.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote