Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any husband CD addicts/lovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemum View Post
That's awesome! My DH will bring my stock out to show everyone that comes into the house (I make them), he's so proud of them He has ones that he requests DD wears too!
LOL! That's awesome! I love when DH brags about cd'ing to his friends and family, it's so cute!

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My husband doesn't have a problem with them, but he thinks that certain names of cloth diapers are rediculous, makes fun of me when I say "sposie".... makes fun of me when I use when I call an elemental a BGE vs using the full name (it's all in good fun). He just can't understand why i'm obsessed with something our kid poops in although I did catch him the other day searching the internet for baseball diapers. hmm.... maybe my husband is a closet addict?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
AmarilloMommy
Registered Users
seller

My DH loves using cloth. He's always telling his other daddy friends how awesome it is and how they should switch. The few times we've used sposies since switching to cloth he's complained the whole time lol
AmarilloMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Mine doesn't care. At least he doesn't show it. He did get a bit excited though when he saw the star wars diaper I found on fsot. If I could find more star wars diapers I think he would get into them more. He has not made any comment about how many diapers we have though. We have 30 fitteds, 159 flats, and 69 prefolds. I also have 10 more prefolds otw. I know people say flats and prefolds don't count but my son is in them 90% of the time so yeah I count them.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
aardappelen
Registered Users

My husband is really excited about cloth. His mom used it for all four of her kids, and my stepmom used it for my siblings who are half my age, so it's what we're used to.

I do most of the research, but he likes to read about the systems I've chosen or were debating, and he likes to help pick out the prints. I also found him sitting on the bed practicing folds with our flats last week. I like to tease him, because I'm pretty sure he's nesting more than I am!
aardappelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #16
dannic
Registered Users

If someone like my sis puts a sposie on ds when babysitting, my husband will immediately change him, making comments all the time about how much more comfy, less smelly, ect. cd are.

He also has his favorites 4.0's and his dislikes-freetimes and bges-and has requested prints--simplex cow, of all things, lol.

On nbs he can jellyroll as well as I.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
cher0105
Registered Users
seller

Umm, my hubby is OK with CDs. He trusts whatever I buy and use. He likes not wasting money (when I sold some diapers that I won't be using with my next LO, he was pretty impressed at my $125 ROI on $205 spent on those). But I don't think he loves them. He uses whatever I have clean and ready but if there isn't a diaper right there, he will grab a disposable (which we always have because of traveling).
cher0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

My husband is a major enabler. He loves cloth, hates that I use a sposie at night, and is always taking diapers to work with him to show off, or having me bring the baby up there so people can see her diapers! He has converted more people to cloth in the past 13 months than I have in 6+ years!

He thought it was gross at first, before the baby was born, and told me he would be happy to use cloth but he was throwing the poopy ones away! Boy, what a major change of heart he has had! He has no problems dunking and flushing, doing diaper laundry, etc. He prefers snaps, but he taught himself to pin a prefold just to prove to himself that he could.

He loves to help me fold diapers.

Its really adorable.

He has so much fun helping me pick out prints for a diaper order the other night. He talked me into ordering 2 more diapers than I originally planned because he loved the prints so much.

I don't have a big stash, and I don't spend a lot of money on it, so it isn't a bone of contention for us in any way.

I have been really lucky in that both my kids' dads love cloth and have no problems using it, but DH is truly excited about fluffy mail and such, and that makes it a lot more fun. We don't have much else in common.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
armywife21
Registered Users

That is so cute!
armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine has started making up diaper nicknames. We have big brown, snappy (the aio's with snaps I had to have), Kushie tushie, sleep dipes, old yeller, caped crusader (aio with a flap) and old fashioned (prefolds). I thought he would be hard to convert to cloth and he hasn't been at all. For awhile he wanted DS in a disposable at night so he'd be more comfortable. Eventually we compromised on some sleep dipes (BG stay dry pockets). He can change them and even washes them sometimes!
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote