Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #21
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There's nothing wrong with having kids close together. I've given birth 4 times in the past 4 yrs. That said, my DD2 died b/c of a fatal birth "defect". I got preg w her when DD1 was 6 mos. I will always wonder whether my body was ready for another preg and if that was part of the reason for the "defect" and ultimately her death. If you do plan on trying again soon it wouldn't be a bad idea to have blood work done to check all your levels on important nutrients just in case.

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
chach4
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE="hohaas"] If you do plan on trying again soon it wouldn't be a bad idea to have blood work done to check all your levels on important nutrients just in case.[/QUote)
Good idea!
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
babyfever2012
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: baby fever already? am I nuts?

You are so not alone on this. I was ready for another about a month after my son was born. They are just so amazing how could we not want another?! I, too, had a c-section because my son was breech (frank). My doctor said the ABP recommended at least a year to conceive again but her opinion was that it would be OK after 6 months. My son is 5 months old now and while we aren't trying by any means, we haven't seemed to avoid either. So, we'll see.

Last edited by babyfever2012; 11-17-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Editing: Hence my user name here, "babyfever"! Because I have it!
babyfever2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #24
IrrationalThoughts
Registered Users

I wanted another one since my son was 4 mo. He is 9 months now and I am trying to figure out how it is even possible. I am at home now and I would like to give the same care to another baby. Money is tight and we are not even trying (at all - nothing).
IrrationalThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #25
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I might get flamed for this, but I'm going to be the first to say that it is NOT a good idea to TTC within 2 years of a previous pregnancy. You're asking for trouble. Now I am not the greatest example because I accidentally got pregnant 15 months pp, but I wasn't happy about it, for the sake of my health and the health of my nursing baby and unborn/potential child. In healthy traditional cultures, children were deliberately spaced 2.5 to 4 years apart with a combination of breastfeeding and abstinence. (and sometimes plural wives, but that's another issue..)
Building a baby is a LOT of work and stress on the body, and takes a lot of materials OUT of your body. Breastfeeding or not, you need TIME to rebuild those stores of nutrients to conceive and build a healthy child and have a healthy pregnancy and less complications for you. Studies have shown that children who are closely spaced have more health problems than those spaced further apart. Although to me it's just common sense.
I understand wanting another, but please wait for your health and the health of your children.
I fully agree with this, and I will admit that I don't "get it". I just had a baby 6 months ago, and I am totally into HER, and can't imagine wanting another one right now. While I love squishy newborns and all the excitement that comes along with a pregnancy, I would not want to take anything away from her by rushing into another baby.

Your really pretty young and have plenty of time for 2 more children. I don't understand the rush.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #26
rhodesestrada
Registered Users
seller

My son is only 3 and a half months and I already miss the pregnancy, birth (yeah really!) and newborn phase. I will likely wait until right before he turns two to try for another, because by then I'll REALLY miss all these milestones.
rhodesestrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #27
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

My dd is 13 months, and I'm just now really starting to want another. I've had my period back since like 3 months pp, but I knew there was no way my body could physically handle being pregnant after the disaster of an emergency section I had, nor could I handle it emotionally. Now though, my body is healed, I've been having regular cycles for months, and dd is a happy healthy toddler who is on solid food. I still pump every 3 or 4 hours all day, but I don't have to pump at night anymore, so I'm getting regular sleep.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #28
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My girls are 19 months apart. My second pregnancy was so so much easier despite taking care of a toddler and nursing. I felt amazing. Dd1 was born at 36.6, 5lbs 11oz after days of labor. Dd2 was born 39.1 after only 4 hours of labor. Everything about it was easier. The only downside, IMO, to having babies close together is that your milk will take a big plunge and most likely will dry up. So if you're committed to nursing there is merit in waiting until around 12months. Dd2 is only 15 weeks and my toddler is very spirited but I have baby fever bad. I just really love everything about pregnancy and birth and then you get this amazing little bundle after its all said and done. Realistically, though, we have to wait a few years.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #29
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post

I will look; I think so, but there is also just research into the customs of healthy cultures, although much of this traditional wisdom has been lost. Child spacing was am important part of fertility practices in many cultures.
I know a wap mama when I see one
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that baby fever, and wanting another child are very different than actively ttc.

my youngest is not even 9 weeks and I've already thought about having another. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to try to do it (yet!).

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote