Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
My 15 yr old

Has a 17 1/2 yr old girl friend with a car I am so worried about babies, his future, and such a more matre girl. I have no leg to stand on, as I had a 18 yr old boyfriend at 15 and know what I was doing. Ugh - I am sick to my tummy. I am not ready for this girl. I want my son 10 again

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: My 15 yr old

I'm so sorry mama. I am not looking forward to the teen yrs!

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Can you give her the mama bear glare when she comes around?

I'm NOT looking forward to Austen being a teen, thankfully we have plenty of time but it goes by fast.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Oh I am not looking forward to those days. Will your son hang out with her at your home? Maybe you could talk him into doing family things with her so you can keep an eye on them. That is what I'd do but I don't have teenagers so I can't really say how effective that would be.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun
Oh I am not looking forward to those days. Will your son hang out with her at your home? Maybe you could talk him into doing family things with her so you can keep an eye on them. That is what I'd do but I don't have teenagers so I can't really say how effective that would be.
This is a good idea.

How's his maturity level? Girls tend to be a little more mature than boys and the fact that she's two years older kind of adds to it. But, then again everyone is different.

At 15, I don't find it over protective to request they hang out at the house so you can keep an eye out.

Gosh, I'm terrified now of Austen being a teen age girl. I will absolutely be the crazy Mom from Raising Helen who rushes into the teen party with a baseball bat. Haha!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

They were honest and told me her parents were not home when they could have lied. I asked him to not go there but to go hang out somewhere else. They are going out for lunch. They can come here anytime and he will bring her here and his grandparents house. I told dad to keep an eye on them as I would not like to be a grandma.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
This is a good idea.

How's his maturity level? Girls tend to be a little more mature than boys and the fact that she's two years older kind of adds to it. But, then again everyone is different.

At 15, I don't find it over protective to request they hang out at the house so you can keep an eye out.

Gosh, I'm terrified now of Austen being a teen age girl. I will absolutely be the crazy Mom from Raising Helen who rushes into the teen party with a baseball bat. Haha!
This is what freaks me out. He is brilliant book smart and a terrific athlete. But has the common sense of a wet nap
Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
This is what freaks me out. He is brilliant book smart and a terrific athlete. But has the common sense of a wet nap
You're just going to have to trust him, mama. Talk to him openly about safe sex and remind him that he has the rest of his life ahead of him.

When I was 16, I began seeing my now DH who was 19 going on 20. Of course my parents freaked out. They grounded me over and over, which made me more intent on continuing to date DH. I was still focused on school, friends, and family, but they just would not trust me with an older man (looking back, I guess I can't blame them but now they realize that I had the upper hand in the relationship the entire time and wear the pants in the relationship, hehe).

Give him his options and his freedom and hopefully the girl isn't as bad/mature as you think she is.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugg that sucks! Something about older girls dating younger boys during teen years is just weird to me. This girl is nearly a legal adult I certainly had no interest in 15yo boys when I was that age. FWIW we were not allowed to drive in the car with friends until we had our own license. My mom was SUPER strict about that rule. Here in Maryland there are laws about teens driving together.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
You're just going to have to trust him, mama. Talk to him openly about safe sex and remind him that he has the rest of his life ahead of him.

When I was 16, I began seeing my now DH who was 19 going on 20. Of course my parents freaked out. They grounded me over and over, which made me more intent on continuing to date DH. I was still focused on school, friends, and family, but they just would not trust me with an older man (looking back, I guess I can't blame them but now they realize that I had the upper hand in the relationship the entire time and wear the pants in the relationship, hehe).

Give him his options and his freedom and hopefully the girl isn't as bad/mature as you think she is.
I do trust him to some extent. I also know teens lie if they think they will not get caught. He was honest, but could go to her parents house who are not home. We have talked safe sex and condoms, which I give him. I hope he does not trust the I am on the pill stuff and find out the hard way she was not or something.

I was with an older guy at his age, too. But we matched in maturity levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Ugg that sucks! Something about older girls dating younger boys during teen years is just weird to me. This girl is nearly a legal adult I certainly had no interest in 15yo boys when I was that age. FWIW we were not allowed to drive in the car with friends until we had our own license. My mom was SUPER strict about that rule. Here in Maryland there are laws about teens driving together.
See that is why I worry. What nealy legal girl wants an immature 15 yr old boy?? I do not worry about the car other than she may convince him to have sex there. I worry about sex, babies, and his future.