Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #21
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: My 15 yr old

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne View Post
Have you talked to the girl about birth control? Is she on the pill? I would go to the girls parents and start talking about what if's and how they want to prevent them.
You can't keep them from having sex. If they want to they will find a way. Sucks, but that's the truth.
I wonder why she wants to date someone younger. That is odd. Usually a 17.5 yr old girl has their sights on someone close to their age or a college boy.
They just started dating and I have requested to meet her as I have not yet. I know they can have sex, I just hope they are both smart and use 2 forms of birth control if they do. Especially since she has a car. I also need to get her parents number.

I was thinking the same thing about why she would want a 15 yr old at her age. I did not even date 15 yr olds at 15, let alone 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
What is going to happen in 6 mos when she turns 18? A parents consent will not overide state law and make an illegal act, legal. What is the age of consent in your state?
Age of consent is 16 here and my son is not going to be 16 till May. I would never charge her for having sex with my son though, even if she did get pregnant on purpose to trap him. My son has to be responsible for his actions. We have talked about how some girls will say and do anything to get a baby and he needs to protect himself by not having sex or if he does, always use spermacide and a condom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I started dating my husband when he was 19. ...I was 23! Not all older girls are scary!
You guys were adults so 19 and 23 really is not a large gap. I was 15 with an 18 yr old boyfriend. So I have little room to talk. I just worry about an older girl screwing over my son and his future going down the toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecbcmomma View Post
But you were already adults. He is only 15. I have an almost 14yo son, I would feel exactly the same. How long have they been dating?
Just a week or less. He was with his last girl friend almost one year, so he is a dedicated kid.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You need to trust him and the way you have raised him. He also needs to know that you trust him as it was huge for him to be honest with you. Make sure he knows about safe sex and the risks/consequences with having sex, even protected. There is no such thing as foolproof protected sex.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #23
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

We have told him that there is no 100% unless you simply do not do it at all. That all these little people running around and screaming annoyingly around our house driving him crazy can happen to him even just ONE time.

My DH does not want to meet her. He thinks she is bad news. He had a woman lie about being on the pill and they had sex one time and he got her pregnant. She even admitted to trapping him. My DH is scared for DS and worried. She is very athletic and smart, so I hope she is smart enough to have future plans that do not include babies. I just worry. I trust DS and hope he uses the right head when it comes to this subject. He has 3 younger brothers and no what causes that.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

when i was 17 there were a lot of younger boys that i would have dated. my little brother is 2 years younger than i am and we lived in a small town went to a small school we were all friends and spent a ton of time together. i dont see anything wrong with them dating. my parents had strict no riding in cars with other kids rules because my dad was a paramedic and had scraped too many kids off the road to let us do that but i dont think the age difference is inappropriate in any way. most people wouldnt think anything about a 15 year old girl dating a 17 year old boy.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would seriously be taking both of them in for a big talk on safe sex
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mommy woulda whoooooped my but! Lol! I had to date my own age and when I was 15, I could not ride in a car with anyone older. Lol!!! She wasn't crazy strict but really was firm. I followed her rules cause she was sneaky and would bust me! LOL!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #27
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When I was a junior I dated a freshman. I don't see the big deal, honestly. Just b/c the girl is older doesn't mean anything or that she wants to trap him. She may just like him and that's all. I was a good student and athlete and didn't even have sex at all in HS. Meet her and just let her know what your expectations are of the relationship in a nice way.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you talked to/met her parents? My brother is a young 16 with a 17 year old girlfriend, and that's my mum's strategy - build a relationship with the girl, and her parents. She is still freaking out, but I think her worst case scenarios are not as scary for her any more.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #29
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
When I was a junior I dated a freshman. I don't see the big deal, honestly. Just b/c the girl is older doesn't mean anything or that she wants to trap him. She may just like him and that's all. I was a good student and athlete and didn't even have sex at all in HS. Meet her and just let her know what your expectations are of the relationship in a nice way.
I am glad to hear a similar story where it was a good thing. I hope this is what is going on here with my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum View Post
Have you talked to/met her parents? My brother is a young 16 with a 17 year old girlfriend, and that's my mum's strategy - build a relationship with the girl, and her parents. She is still freaking out, but I think her worst case scenarios are not as scary for her any more.
I have not yet, but plan to. I want to know what her rules are and them to know mine. Jake is only 15 so he has an earlier curfew and more rules.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids aren't going out alone with the boyfriend/girlfriend until I meet the parents!

I'm so afraid of the teen years! I was such a wild teen because my mom never was a mother to me, so I did what I wanted.
I got pregnant at 17, but started having sex at 13.

Keep the communication open with your son! He's still young, and so is she. I would talk with her parents and let them know that their daughter is interested in your son and check them out to make sure they are good crowd to be around.
Is she a good student, safe driver, makes good decisions???
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote