Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Matching siblings clothes

I've always wanted two children, and it was a bit of a lengthy road to conceive our second so I'm really indulging. While I was shopping, I ran across some Christmas dresses and was delighted to find ones I like that matched for my girls. When I brought them home DH was all disapproving. I thought that it was because they were fancy dresses - DH has an aversion to dressing up. But when I ordered matching pjs for them yesterday for their Christmas gifts he told me that he doesn't want me dressing the girls to match. I think dressing them alike occasionally will be adorable. With DD1 being in a size 6 it's not like I'll be able to do it more than this one year. So am I nuts or is matching outfits occasionally pretty adorable?

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I dress my girls alike occasionally. I just bought them matching Christmas PJ's. I don't do it often so I don't see a problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I shameless dress my girls alike all the time!! I will do it until they protest, the. I won't force them it's adorable and they love it. They don't usually wear identical outfits but if one is wearing jeggings and a tunic i will put the same on the other. Sometimes it not even a conscious thing...I'll just realize they're wearing like hot pink shirts and black leggings on the same day.

I see absolutely no harm in it as long as it makes the kids happy!!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Matching siblings clothes

i make my kids matching/coordinating clothes all. the. time. i tell dh its so when we loose one i can pull the other up to show them what the missing one is wearing (we dont actually loose them but it is easier to find themm at the playground and such when they match)
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have three boys that I dress a like once a year in Christmas pjs. I don't see it as a problem once in awhile but all the time bugs me because I want my kids to be individuals...plus it's cheesy.

Side note: My kids are farther apart in age and it's hard (like you said) to find matching things. My older DS is a size 10 and my youngest is a 2T; yah they dont make matching clothes in that spread of sizes.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think it's cute now and again. For holiday outfits, I shoot for coordinating rather than matching. Like last year, both boys wore nice jeans and sweaters, but one had an actual sweater while the other had a sweater vest. Christmas pajamas though, totally matching.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
I shameless dress my girls alike all the time!! I will do it until they protest, the. I won't force them it's adorable and they love it. They don't usually wear identical outfits but if one is wearing jeggings and a tunic i will put the same on the other. Sometimes it not even a conscious thing...I'll just realize they're wearing like hot pink shirts and black leggings on the same day.

Yeah DD1 picks out her own clothes now. The combos she comes up with are sometimes so funtastic that I'd like to get a button for her to wear that says "Look! I can dress myself!", but I let her do what she likes so long as it's weather appropriate and covers all the bits that should be. So playing the matching game would have to be limited to special occasions, like Christmas PJs and dress clothes. I don't plan to lockstep them in clothing - it'd be near impossible with one in size 6 and one in 12mos anyway, but on rare occasion, it's cute. DD1 likes it in the wintertime when I'm wearing my tinkerbell flannels to point out if she's wearing her tinkerbell PJs, so I don't think she'll object to it. I'll just have to ignore my husband's scowls. The dresses are identical, but the PJs are just identical fabric - both bright pink snowman fleece, but DD1's is shirt and pants and DD2s is footie sleepers.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post

Me too. I sew quite a few of their outfits, so I make them coordinate or match a lot. They are young now and they think it is really cool. I also make an outfit for their doll to match if I have leftover material and they think that is just the BEST! When they get older if they don't like it or let me know that they want something different, that will be fine. I know some people think it is lame, but I think it's adorable!!!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes occasionally, it is cute!!
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I dress my DS and DD in matching clothes sometimes, mostly pjs but occasionally real clothes, too - like, they'll both be wearing khakis and a blue sweatshirt, not exactly the same items but very similar. DS gets a kick out if it, I get some cute pictures and strangers at the store get a giggle. What's the harm?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote