Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Matching siblings clothes

I didn't think I'd like to dress my boys alike, but I do. At 5T, 2T, and 6-9m, they don't ALL have ANYTHING that matchy-matches, but I try to cordinate them anyway. The 5T LOVES for his brothers' to match him. The 2T and 6-9m ones couldn't care less. Although the 2T one HATES clothes of any kind.

Married to A & I'm B together we have been blessed with
C, D, E, F, G, H, & I
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Random story, just wanted to share. My boys are 11 and 8 and our school district has a "uniformity of dress policy" black or tan pants, white black or red polos. Anyway, last year lands end wasn't carrying black shirts in there size ( crazy) and there is no way I'm putting my boys in white shirts. Everyday they wore red shirts and tan pants.

So many people asked me why I always dressed my kids alike, were they twins (??) and if I had obsession with red polos. Everyone seemed really surprised when I explained uniforms to them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Terrible spelling, 'smart' phone using, harried wife & mom to my
2 boys ('00 & '04 ) & our brand new girl (7/12)
Hello, My name is mommy and I am a fluff addict.
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
My Mood:

Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
i make my kids matching/coordinating clothes all. the. time. i tell dh its so when we loose one i can pull the other up to show them what the missing one is wearing (we dont actually loose them but it is easier to find themm at the playground and such when they match)
WE DO THIS! When we go to the zoo or some other large event, they wear the same thing. If one goes missing (GOD FORBID) it is a simple, "THIS is what he is wearing!" I keep my eye out for stuff at the consignment/used kids stores and Goodwill that matches clothing we already own, and have had great luck finding perfect matches for everything from Carter's t-shirts to Polo dress shirts. It makes pictures a breeze and super fun, and they wear the more casual stuff for zoo outings. I have also found obnoxiously bright yellow/orange polo shirts at consignment stores, brand new with the tags on them from TCP because some stores will buy out the stock when it goes on clearance, and those obnoxious colors aren't exactly hot ticket items, but they are PERFECT for spotting your kids at the zoo.

I see no harm in the occasional matchy-match, especially for photos or holidays or special occasions. But insisting they always wear the same is, yeah, over the top, crushing to their individual expression, and rather annoying if you ask me.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
Registered Users

My two little boys are 15 months apart so they usually have 2-3 matching shirts or pjs b/c I think it's adorable. I also bought all three of my boys matching suits for this winter/Christmas (they are 2, 3 and 7). It is rare to find stuff for all three sizes, so I figured why not! I only have one girl- that would be WAY more fun to match if I had two girls!
raisingthem4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I dress my boys (13 months apart) in matching or coordinating stuff all of the time. They love it! Now that they are old enough to pick out their own clothes in the morning they will often plan it themselves so they will match.

I ALWAYS coordinate all three of mine for Christmas and Easter. I usually try and have dh and I wear similar colors too so we can get a nice family picture.
Hi I'm Sara mommy to 4 little Mischief Makers
SaraElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I buy my boys matching or coordinating outfits all the time. I'll probably be doing a lot of coordinating with my DD1 and DD2 (when she gets here) as well . I think it's cute. My boys love to dress alike BTW, they think it's cool. I'm sure once they get older they'll think it's annoying and I won't make them at that point, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
*Megan*SAHM to S 9/06 D 11/07 S 2/10 and M 2/13
peaches330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
Registered Users

My sister is 6 years older and i loved dressing like her. i see nothing wrong when done in moderation and with the kids approval.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #18
Registered Users

We sometimes have matching shirts for our boys (4 and almost 2). They have several of the same pairs of jammies, mostly because I like to buy the Carter's footies at Costco and they only carry a few different boy patterns. DS2 likes to match jammies with DS1 to the point where he will go change if he knows he has matching jammies to DS2, but wearing something else already.

Speaking of which, I need to hustle my booty back to Costco to try and get some moose jammies for the new baby so that they can all wear those this winter.
Nicole; spunky, sassy mama to my two little wild ones: Logan (9-08) and Liam (11-10) and Grayson (12-12)
I blog about the hilarity that comes along with raising my boys!
nicolemariep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

I get matching stuff for my girls sometimes and even sometimes all 3 of mine get matching stuff with Christmas pjs. I usually coordinate their Halloween costumes but this year they all have the same costume a ll bean tiger fleece coverall. I found them at different times at a consignment shops and they make a good winter coat for warmer days.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
No Longer Here
My Mood:
I agree with your hubby.

I dislike matching kids clothes. I have never done it (even for family pics).

But if you are just indulging for a cmas pic after trying hard for number 2...then tell hubby to get over it.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote