Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #21
MyLovely
Registered Users

Re: Matching siblings clothes

Jammies only. Every single year, without fail, my mother buys matching pajamas for herself, me, my sister and my grandma (her mom) for Christmas Eve. When sister and I get DDs, they'll be in on it too. It's my very favorite tradition

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

We love dressing our girls marching occasionally, especially fancy holiday clothed. THEY love it so much my 3 year old had a melt down because my 21 month old got new pig pajamas and she didn't have any. We'll stop when they don't want to anymore
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is FUN to match/coordinate sibling clothes. To me it's just and extension of an acknowledgement of family ties and pride. Every Christmas and Easter, I coordinate all 3 of my kids. Usually it involves a dress for DD, vest/tie for DS2, and tie for DS1. I pick out several coordinating fabrics that all go into the dress and the boys get to pick which fabric (from the dress) to be their shirt/tie. They seem very happy to be part of the same team. DH and I try to coordinate with our colors as well. Yes, we are that goofy happy.

I also like to do it when we are out in places with large crowds like the airport, pumpkin patch, etc. It helps us to find each other and other families to recognize that we go together-especially when boarding a plane with open seating.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

The little girls match often, The 3 yr old LOVES it...the baby could care less. It makes buying stuff easy - I like buying sales and usually I can find both of them something to match.

I have dressed ALL the kids coordinating for holidays - I try not to buy EXACT matches for those instances but coordinating is cute (to me). I LOVED buying Emma and Parker coordinating outfits from like TCP or Gym. hehe...now Parker (5) is not so much a fan. The oldest hasn't liked matching/coordinating for about 2 years now (she is 13)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Until they fight it we will do it, though most of their clothing is used so they don't match. Dd1 thinks it is the coolest thing ever, they had 3 matching dresses in the summer.

Christmas pj's & dress up can totally match =)

my mom is actually buying my girls sister t-shirts as well as for my sister and I...I am pumped!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

My dds are 5 years apart. One in a 6 and one in 12 mo. For family pics I gave my odd a choice of matching her younger sister or just coordinating and she chose matching. I don't see anything wrong with it every so often.
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have two sons who are just over 4 years apart in age. The only time they are in matching outfits is when my MIL buys the outfits, and then I will only put them in those outfits at the same time to make her happy (like for Christmas pictures or Christmas mass). If MIL is not there, I will not make them wear the outfits at the same time. My older son hates having his little brother match him, and I try to respect that when I can.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #28
crunch!910
Registered Users

I was a twin. It happened to me all the time. I will NEVER do that to my children. I do however try to dress them so that their outfits complement eachother.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
I think its cute, on occasion! I had 2 shirts I had bought my oldest DD when she was a baby bc I really liked them and they were on super.clearance... I happened to have another daughter and she and her sister were able to wear both shirts at the same time, so I dressed them up one day and snapped a pic! They looked adorable. We will probably do matching PJs on Christmas too.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
Shaunam
Registered Users

I think once in a while is fine. I sometimes buy matching things for my DD and DS (t-shirts and stuff).