Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #31
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Matching siblings clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I was a twin. It happened to me all the time. I will NEVER do that to my children. I do however try to dress them so that their outfits complement eachother.
I see how that could be obnoxious if you are a same gender twin. I think it's neat to see twins dressed in the same style with a different color, or the same pattern where the trim is the main fabric for the other outfit.

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #32
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Matching siblings clothes

I dress my girls alike sometimes. They LOVE it! They both love clothes and shoes.
When the older one puts on a dress or whatever that they have in common, my baby runs and grabs hers and wants it on immediately. DD1 ask if DD2 is going to wear her matching dress when I'm dressing her and they get such a kick out of standing in the mirror together after they are both dressed. They have few matching dressy dresses for each season and match for our religious services about 25% of the time. They have a few matching play dresses in the summer too. I usually dress them in similar styles. Both in jeans and sweaters, sundresses or leggings and tunics for everyday. Sometimes I'll buy them the same dress in different colors, DD1 looks awesome in greens, DD2 looks great in red and dark pink. So I might buy them the same play outfits in their colors.
I have a sister and our mom dressed us alike until we asked her not to. Not a big deal, no hard feelings, we just outgrew it. We still giggle at the pictures of us matching. I expect my girls to get sick of it one day too. Until then we are all enjoying it.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote