Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
pester
Registered Users

BTDT teething question

When Did teething symptoms lessen for your kids.

When the tooth broke through? Several days later. Stop abruptly or slowly fade?

This is my first foray into the adventure that is teething. At 8 mo she had none and now we have three all on the bottom. After the first "symptoms" went away and then after the second they didn't but then I noticed the third tooth. But she is still sleeping like crap, has a runny nose ect.

So I'm not sure if its because she has more coming or the ones she has are still bothering her. Just curious to hear what was your LO's pattern.

Advertisement

pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Both of my kids got 6 teeth in one week around 7 months, then no more until after the 1st birthday. For both, as soon as the teeth broke through the gums they were sleeping great and happy again.

And, with my kids, those two weeks leading up to getting the 1st 6 teeth were hell, but later teeth that came after their 1st birthday weren't bad.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
pester
Registered Users

Thanks it's great to hear others experiences.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Re: BTDT teething question

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Both of my kids got 6 teeth in one week around 7 months, then no more until after the 1st birthday. For both, as soon as the teeth broke through the gums they were sleeping great and happy again.

And, with my kids, those two weeks leading up to getting the 1st 6 teeth were hell, but later teeth that came after their 1st birthday weren't bad.
Mine is only 18 mo, but same experience so far. As soon as the tooth is poking through, she's fine. And the first teeth were terrible on her...she would cry constantly at times unless she was nursing. But now that she is getting the molars, which I would imagine hurt more, she barely shows signs of discomfort other than difficulty sleeping. But again, as soon as it's through, she's fine.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter usually got 4 at a time. I can't personally say exactly when the relief came though, because she teethed very fast and they just kept coming. She had 16 teeth when she was 13 months and all 20 before she was 2.

so, for us, it was fairly constant.

If she's getting congested, I'd put vicks vaporub on her feet (under socks). We also used liquid camilia, teething tablets and an amber necklace.

It wasn't horrible the whole time. The first ones are definitely rough, but the canines and molars can be nasty as well.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
My daughter usually got 4 at a time. I can't personally say exactly when the relief came though, because she teethed very fast and they just kept coming. She had 16 teeth when she was 13 months and all 20 before she was 2.

so, for us, it was fairly constant.

If she's getting congested, I'd put vicks vaporub on her feet (under socks). We also used liquid camilia, teething tablets and an amber necklace.

It wasn't horrible the whole time. The first ones are definitely rough, but the canines and molars can be nasty as well.
Whoa! I thought my DD had a lot of teeth! She's had 8 teeth ever since 7 or 8 months (hmmm...guessi need to consult the baby book!). She is almost a year. Now and working on molars. We are in the swollen gum stage.

OP: DD is always fine once the tooth finally cuts through. Her first teeth were awful. They took forever to finally break the surface and I thought maybe I was crazy and she wasn't really teething,but she would just wail and scream and drool, poor thing. It is like, "sweet relief, hallelujah!" When the tooth finally cuts through! LOL

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

My twins are totally different in the way they teeth,
DD1 - four teeth at a time top and bottom until she had 8 then 3 molars all at once. She gets a low fever, a runny nose and a short temper until they poke through then she is fine. I regularly give her hylands tablets when I see swollen gums. She started teething at 6 months and is now 18 months with 4 molars.
DD2 - one tooth at a time, she never complains, no runny nose, no fever...just my little easy going kid! She does tend to get more sleepy and cry more often. Same as DD1, when I see swollen gums I give her tablets. She got four teeth before one year old then nothing until two weeks ago! She only has two top and three bottom teeth but I noticed two molars starting to come up the other day and I think I see two more top teeth working.
Both of my kids are worse before the teeth come through, I did notice that Amber necklaces helped with the symptoms. Both girls wear them all the time.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
pester
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing. It's hard to guess what's wrong sometimes. She is still congested and sleeping like crap but teeth have broken through. I have a feeling more are on their way.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Is it possible she has a cold on top of teething?

My oldest barely seemed to notice that she was teething, she'd drool a lot and want to chew everything, but other than that we never really noticed she was teething until she'd suck on a finger and find something new and sharp in her mouth. My new nursling was irritable and extra specially clingy for a few days until a tooth popped through on tuesday. She's still kinda irritable, but I've been fighting a wicked cold and I think she's getting it now. DD1 tended to cut her teeth in pairs, so I'm on the look out for the left bottom front tooth to join the right.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #10
pester
Registered Users

It's possible she is sick. That's kinda why I asked the question. The same night she got her first tooth she got really contested. Then the cold symptoms lessoned over the next few day and went away. Then came back as the next teeth came in. She has never been sick until the first tooth came in so I have been trying to figure out what's illness and what's how she reacts to teething. Hard to tell apart when they are happening at the same time. Why I was interested in how others teethed. Do I have more teeth coming or are the teeth here and now I only have a sick baby.