Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have to be out of apartment for 4 hours.. what to do?

On Tuesday I have to be out of my apartment for 4 hours. I will have with me, my almost 5 yr old (his b-day is next month), my 2 1/2 yr old and the baby. DS1 will be at school and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to be back in by the time I get him from school. I'll have a little money, but can't do anything expensive. Weather will probably be in the low to mid 80's. Thoughts?

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have to be out of apartment for 4 hours.. what to do?

Library, park, picinic, zoo, walk the mall and play on their playground. Or a combo, go to the library for an hour, then go to a park for a picinic, then let them play on a playground to run off steam. With drive time that should be 4 hours no problem, or at the end of your fun outing use the last hour to go do your grocery shopping.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
JuneBeanMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Library, park, picinic, zoo, walk the mall and play on their playground. Or a combo, go to the library for an hour, then go to a park for a picinic, then let them play on a playground to run off steam. With drive time that should be 4 hours no problem, or at the end of your fun outing use the last hour to go do your grocery shopping.
Just what I was gonna say =)
JuneBeanMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
mekat
Registered Users

Well, if you need to go rock bottom and are worried about gas. I would choose a fast food place with a dollar menu and a playground and also near some shopping. You all can eat super cheat. They can work out their wiggles on the playground and then you can shop the clearance rack or window shop. Our zoo is pretty expensive so unless yours is cheaper that might be a bit of $ barrier. If you have a library near a park and a cheap place to eat that would also be good. I'm betting you are going to have to be choosy and make sure they have somewhere to let out their energy or it will turn into the longest 4 hours of your life. A picnic at the park would be fun too but 4 hours is a long time to be outside so you may have to think of something indoors to compliment your outing.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would probably visit my parents or a good friend.

If those weren't options:
Park
library
Mall
Target (we can easily kill well over and hour in here)

I would do a combination of things. Like the playground and then library once they were tired. My kids seem to get less whiny and cranky when they have a change of scenery as opposed to just an afternoon in the park.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Picnic at a park, then library.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So here is the plan. I have a friend who I haven't gotten to really chat with in a while. I thought we could do a play date, but her older boys will be in pre-school, and she has a morning appointment.

So... When the pest guy shows up, I'm going to take the kids to McDonalds. Let the play for a bit while I read. Then get cheap lunch. When my friend gets out of her appointment, she's going to call me, and we'll head over to her house. My boys can play in her play room, and she and I will visit and gush over each others baby girls (hers is around 4 months old and mine just turned a month old), until it's time for me to go get my older son from school.

Problem solved.

This week the pest guy showed up around 11am. So if he shows up at the same time, then that'll be perfect timing for some play and some lunch before heading over to my friend's place.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Have fun!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote