Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mommy brag

I looked to see what my 4.5yo was drawing and she had created this diagram of the life cycle of a silkworm. (We have silkworms at the moment). I love the moth 'skeleton' and the moths mating, haha. So cool!

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
krismark0
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mommy brag

My goodness! Does she write and spell that well all by herself!? That looks like the work of a 6 or 7 year old!
krismark0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismark0 View Post
My goodness! Does she write and spell that well all by herself!? That looks like the work of a 6 or 7 year old!
Yes. She is also reading 2nd grade level, but she started reading simple words at 2.5, so it doesn't really surprise me, everything she does is just the next step for her, she's always been advanced in language skills. It is amazing how quickly she has developed since she discovered reading. She is self-taught, I really have not done much other than read a lot to her. She has also got a wonderful personality although she is quite introverted, so she's a great kid all around. I am worried about what school is going to be like next year though!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
You must be proud! I'm always amazed when my daughter "gets" concepts that seem far ahead of her. It seems like she's racing to grow up. I guess it makes me a little sad too. She's just 4 and seems like she may be a bit behind your daughter. Anyway, wasn't it just yesterday that she was scribbling and now she's writing "I love you" on artwork she wants to post to Grandma. The whole growing up thing kinda takes my breath away.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
You must be proud! I'm always amazed when my daughter "gets" concepts that seem far ahead of her. It seems like she's racing to grow up. I guess it makes me a little sad too. She's just 4 and seems like she may be a bit behind your daughter. Anyway, wasn't it just yesterday that she was scribbling and now she's writing "I love you" on artwork she wants to post to Grandma. The whole growing up thing kinda takes my breath away.
Oh it makes me cry almost daily!! But it is fun to watch them grow and develop into the little people they are.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

What an amazing and smart little girl you have!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Awesome! We had silk worms but they died apparently we are not good silk worm mothers lol. Do they have something like insect lore where you are? We have done the butterflies and ladybugs. The kids love them. They also have frogs and fish
Old 10-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
Awesome! We had silk worms but they died apparently we are not good silk worm mothers lol. Do they have something like insect lore where you are? We have done the butterflies and ladybugs. The kids love them. They also have frogs and fish
Just had a website, that seems pretty cool! I think she'd love the butterflies. I'll look into it, thanks.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! That is awesome!
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I remember that your younger daughter also started drawing early, right? That's amazing! My sister (twin sister, identical!) was like that also. She could draw these amazing pictures at 4 and 5. Me...not so much.