Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
To me, it would depend on her age. If she's 17-18, I probably wouldn't tell her parents. I would have a frank discussion with her as to why you will not be using her services again. Now, if she's 14-15 ish, yup, I'd totally tell her parents.

Advertisement

Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teenage Babysitter WWYD?

yup tattle. thats so not cool:/
fwiw i got mad when my mom had HER friend over when she watched my kids
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

I would give her the opportunity to tell her parents herself(then follow up with them) but if she didn't, I would be the first to break the bad news.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, tell the parents. I babysat from age 12 and would never have dreamed of doing that! I wouldn't even let the kids watch extra tv or anything. I did exactly what the parents allowed to the T.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why not talk to her? Explain why what she did is not okay and that because of her actions you are no longer comfortable with her caring for your children. Hold E accountable and teach her that actions have consequences, it could be a learning experience for her.
I would also inform her parents but I think it would be good for her to hear from you why she is being "fired" so to speak.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would not tell I would just tell her that you no longer want her to babysit bc of the incident. If you are close to the parents or know them really well then I may tell them.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

yes, i would tell
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Tell her why you won't use her again. I wouldn't share with parents. Give her the option to tell them. Unless they ask you.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes, I would tell on her. I would call them up and say 'I wanted to let you know that we will not be using your daughter to babysit for us because she had her boyfriend at our home and told our daughter not to tell us'.

Otherwise, you never know what she could tell her parents about why she's not babysitting for you anymore.

the real issue is the telling your DD to keep something from you, IMO. So, I'd make that clear. and no, I don't like the boyfriend being there, but I could deal with that issue better than I could deal with the other.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was 16 or 17 (somewhere in there) I started baby sitting for a couple up the road from my parents' house. My mom said (to them) that I was never ever to have my boyfriend over while baby sitting. FTR, my mom hated my bf, blocked his #, told him if he came on their property they would get a restraining order... she's... kinda not nice if you don't do what she says.
Anyways, the couple themselves told me (out of my mom's hearing) that they were fine with me having him over when I was there.
I did, a few times, and they came home once or twice while he was there - we just watched movies.

I don't know if I'd be okay with anyone doing it, it would depend on the sitter's maturity, I think. For me, at this house, the baby was 1 and I always sat while the parents were out for movies/parties/etc, so she was sleeping the majority of the time I was there. BF and I were, like I said, just watching movies, maybe having a snack and pop. I had the monitor with me, I checked on the baby every so often, and I never left the house - all things I would do by myself, kwim?

So, it kinda depends on her age and maturity. But also whether you told her she could have friends there while sitting.
Her telling your DD not to tell you really bothers me, though. That I would definitely not be happy with.
I don't know if I would tell her parents, but I would definitely talk to her about it.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote