Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Chat thread!

This forum is so slow I'm wondering if we want to make the chat threads for longer than just a week...?

How is everyone?

I'm doing ok. I have a prenatal on Thursday. I'll be 15 weeks. I always look forward to hearing that little heartbeat. I'm starting to feel mostly better during the day and just feel pukey at night.

Otherwise my mil lives with us and this living situation is driving me absolutely crazy. I feel so overwhelmed...

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I had my anatomy scan this morning. Finally think we pinned down a due date. I think we have settled on July 6th so I am 18 weeks 2 days. Everything looked good but baby would not move so no face shots and it's a good thing we are team green because baby wasn't showing off the goods either.

We told the kids last night because I wanted to see if ODD wanted to go to the ultrasound or not (she hates missing school and she would have been an hour late). She was shocked and so excited. She is talking about the baby non stop and such a sweet girl, she asked if we were joking several times because she said my belly doesn't look bigger (it does, I am showing now) such a sweet girl.

DS will be 5 tomorrow and he must be more In tune to me because he has been rubbing my belly for weeks even though we hadn't told him. He LOVES babies so I think he will be excited but I think he doesn't grasp the whole thin yet. He was 2 1/2 when YDD was born so he didn't get it then either. He is a bit delayed so these concepts sometimes are to much for him.

YDD is 2 so she is in la la land but she loves babies too and is such a motherly personality so I anticipate she will be smitten upon baby's arrival.

Anyways, so ODD went to school but DS wanted to go to the ultrasound so we took the younger 2 and when we got there they said the kids couldn't go past the waiting room
My appointment was scheduled last week and I talked to the lady 2 DAYS ago about my appointment (confirming insurance etc) and they didn't say a word. I was so bummed. Not only did the kids have to miss out but DH had to sit in the waiting room with them Because of a couple things he likely won't get to go to hardly any appointments and he was bummed. We only have one car right now so I have to make my appointments early morning to DH can go to work, therefore he has to stay home to get the kids in the bus.

Anyways, Gah I'm rambling.

I am still very tired and starting to have lots of heartburn and a bit of sciatic nerve pain but other than that no complaints! I do hope the exhaustion subsides soon so I can get more done around the house. DS's birthday party is this weekend and I have got to get the house company ready and get the stuff done for the party!!! Can't believe my little man is already 5

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers

Last edited by Fashionably Green Baby; 02-04-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay! That's awesome you finally have a due date (even though to me I always say it doesn't mean much my babies always came a week or two later!) team green is so fun!!! I love that anticipation. I sort of wish we were doing that again this time but I am also excited to know the gender. It's been a long few months and I'm really looking forward to the anatomy scan (in another month or so-- I'm due at the end of the month).

So sorry your kids and DH ended up not being able to go into the scan with you. What a bummer. They should certainly warn mamas about that when they make their appt!!

Happy bday to your DS! How exciting!!! I have a 5yo DS too. He seems so big. He's my first. My dd is 2 and is super excited about the baby and I think she'll be over the moon when the baby actually gets here

I smiled at your ODD's reaction how she kept asking if you were kidding. That is so sweet

Last edited by justineybean; 02-04-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Ladyintheshoe09
Registered Users

Re: Chat thread!

Hi guys! I am 18 weeks and 6 days. My dh and I are on a business trip with our 19 mo old daughter. Other than being tired and bored I feel pretty good. Last week I got really sick and had to go to the ER since my regular docs are in another state. While I was there they did an ultrasound and said baby looks like a girl!!! I'm very excited because we already have 3 boys and 2 girls so this evens up the score Our youngest daughter kisses "the baby" and talks to her already. Our older kids are all 8 and up so I'm a little worried that she will feel neglected when I have another little one to care for. She is the only one who is with me 24/7 so I think new baby will affect her most.

@Justineybean I can't imagine having to live with my mil! I hope she at least respects your privacy as much as possible. That can be so stressful!

@Fashionably Green Baby that really stinks about your kids and dh not getting to see he ultrasound. My ob's office doesn't even allow kids in the waiting room so my dh has to keep our youngest daughter in the parking lot. I hate it. We also only have one car right now and it's a tough situation. Do you ever feel "trapped" at home while dh is at work? I've pretty much gotten used to it but sometimes I long for a drive to nowhere just to see something other than my four walls!
Ladyintheshoe09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fashionably Green- to your guy! Its crazy how fast kids grow.

Ladyintheshoe- congrats on the hopefully girl! We are exact opposite IF we get a boy we'll finally be the brady bunch (but I think it's a girl so oh well).

Justineybean- I know how you feel- my mil has lived with us for almost 7 years now. Sometimes shes good and other times she drives me NUTS. Love her but still- we are 100% polar opposites in every single way!! DH must have been running from his childhood when he married me. If I say- ooooo that's pretty! She'll say its hideously ugly. If I say- that way gross tasting, she'll say- that was the best tasting blah blah. She's a motormouth and talks about the dumbest stuff and I'm more introvert and like peace and quiet (unless I'm chatting on DS )... I feel for ya!

ATM: nothing new. Called Medicaid today and was on hold for 45 mins till they finally get on and say not only am I STILL pending after 3 months, they just yesterday mailed me a request for MORE information! And why didn't you ask me for this information when you were asking for info LAST MONTH? Geez! I swear I'll be giving birth before the insurance is approved! We don't really use it (homebirth/ out of pocket) but I really wanted to see the OB just to get a diagnostic ultrasound done and to be tested and treated for diabetes and Hashimoto's (which I'm nearly certain I have both). SOOOO frustrating! I called the OB too and asked if it was pending if I could just come- NOPE. I'd have to pay and I don't have that kind of money :sigh:....... Just a frustrating situation all around.

Anyhoo- other than everything is good! Not too sick feeling anymore. Still a bit tired and drained but overall not too bad. Insomnia is starting and back pain persists but I guess those are normal pregnancy things
Old 02-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #6
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

@Ladyintheshoe09 -- hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. I'm sorry you were so sick recently but how exciting to get to see your baby. I'm sure your youngest daughter will be so excited and feel so special to help you with the baby that maybe she won't notice she's not the baby herself anymore. I worry about that with my 2.5yo DD too though.

@erin_c_odonnell -- Oh my, I can't imagine having my MIL live with us for 7 years - and your MIL sounds like a handful! This is NOT a permanent solution for our family but just helping MIL get on her feet again. She's super sweet and always willing to help but she does things without thinking and makes things harder for me sometimes and this is so irritating. I don't know why, I usually think of myself as pretty laid back and easy to get along with but lately I am so rude and on edge. I hate that I'm like that. Also I'm so sorry to hear of your frustration with getting your insurance figured out and getting an ultrasound. I know that would bring you some comfort and I hope it all works out soon!!! Yay for feeling better but it does seem like new symptoms take the place of those old ones. I sort of forgot what pregnancy was like.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #7
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Annnnd up before 4 am AGAIN despite going to bed after 11. Sigh. 2yr old is up too and watching pooh on the nano while Im catching up on DS news I do wish I could sleep. Have an appt at 10 across town so need to be out the door by 9:30.

What's the week plans with everybody here?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 2yo has been unwilling to sleep normal hours too and when she does fall asleep I have been waking up w/ heartburn or to let my darn dog out or just to get said 2yo's feet out of my face. I am just not having much fun lately, plus I've been feeling sick again the past few days which makes me so sad and frustrated.

No plans for the week. Hoping to meet up w/ my doula at some point. I have met her many times but we don't really know each other. She seems so sweet I'm looking forward to getting to know her more. Gives me something to look forward to!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no oh no!! pregnancy brain strikes again!

We have an SUV that we need sold already before we get stuck paying taxes on it and we finally got a guy to come look at it BUT I CANT FIND THE KEYS!!!

I swear up and down I put them on my keychain so I wouldn't lose them and either they fell off or I put them someplace else. Have already torn the place apart looking-
Old 02-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell
Oh no oh no!! pregnancy brain strikes again! We have an SUV that we need sold already before we get stuck paying taxes on it and we finally got a guy to come look at it BUT I CANT FIND THE KEYS!!! I swear up and down I put them on my keychain so I wouldn't lose them and either they fell off or I put them someplace else. Have already torn the place apart looking-
Oh nooooo!!! I'm so sorry - how frustrating!