Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #21
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: I swore I wouldnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo View Post
Not sure why there is so much guilt when doing this...it's like is taboo...

An hour a day is not going to harm them...just like playing alone for few minutes...
Well the guilt comes from the AAP recommendation that kids have no tv before age 2 and then limited tv after.

But since our tv is on all day, that clearly doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
So I felt guilty about giving the kid TV time. No more guilt, I say. He's learning letters from Super Why and breeds of dinosaurs from Dinosaur Train.

I know some moms who shudder at the sight of a remote. I'm just not that perfect. My kid loves me anyway. And he may just grow up to be a productive member of society.
I am pretty sure that tv taught my oldest her ABCs.

And my 4 year old can name a ton of dinosaurs thanks to Dinosaur Train, even though she can't really say her baby brother's full name yet lol

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I swore I wouldnt

DD loves watching her shows. dinosaur train, pinky doo, blues clues etc. She has quite the vocabulary lol
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #23
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found an hour long elmo video yesterday ON PURPOSE and let 21 mo DD watch it on the iPad. This mama is feeling icky and it gave me some time to snooze
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the AM while DH is showering (i am not home) and sprout once or twice a week while i make dinner. Pretty sure DD is not going to be a serial killer bc of it :-/
Funny, i remember coming home from k or first grade with my mom and mickey mouse club was IMMEDIATELY put on. I never understood until i looked down at DD and thought, yes, trying to make dinner with me around would have been JUST as frustrating !! Lol
Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #24
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 2 year old knows Cars by heart. I'm ok with that. He also knows the books Go Dog Go and Cool Dog School Dog and his ABCs, a few colors, counts to 10, yells at me when I put my feet on the coffee table, knows his napkin goes on his lap at the table, and says please, thank you, excuse me, and bless you regularly. He watches about an hour of tv a day, a bit more on weekends (I need time to focus, ya know?).

Tv is not bad unless it talks to your kids more than you do, IMO.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote