Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
My Mood:
Kenzie is now 22 months old and he still does not sleep through the night. She has never been a long sleeper, but she would sleep in her crib and would finally put herself to sleep. Around 9 months she woke up during her MRI and mom and dad were not with her. It scared her and of course right at a sleep regression.

She had to sleep with us after that for almost 4 mints then at 13 months we started the sleep training. She did well then she started having crazy milestone jumps so again sleep was hard to come by at around 18m. She now is starting to sleep through the night again and I am very happy. She last night slept the longest since about 14 m in her own bed. She slept from 7:45p to 1:30a all by herself. I do have to lay down with her until she falls asleep but we atleast are back to starting the night in her bed which makes for a happier mommy and a more rested mommy.

Anyhow sleep is funny with kids. Some just fight it. Kenzie fought he sleep as little as 4m old. She fought baths at bed time because she figured out it meant bedtime was coming. Gotta love the smart ones.

I wish you luck and know it is a short process. They will at some point start sleeping through the night and not needing you to "cuddle" to fall asleep. It may be tiring, and inconvenient but from my view I miss when my oldest who is now 12 was like that.

Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote