Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Green snot=antibiotics?

Flu comes on fast. And a cold comes on slow. That is really the only way to tell. 2 DAYS, I dream of illnesses leaving so quickly!
I've been told over and over by Dr.s that you need to wait it out 2 weeks before taking antibiotics.

Best thing you can do is use this cold as a great way to teach about properly blowing a nose, throwing away a tissue, and a germ lesson. You can put cinnamon on your child's hands and then have them wash it off, to give them something visual of what it takes to get the germs off little hands. A get a great book for germ learning we like is "Your Body Battles a Cold"

redlichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #22
My Mood:
Green snot always means sinus infection for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:
Adults having green snot is a bit different than young children as their sinuses don't function the same.
Also, having no snot at all can still be an infection!! My baby had bronchitis or pneumonia (not sure, dr said take abx and bump up his breathing treatments and gave oral steroids which we've had with a pneumonia diagnosis in the past) and hardly any runny nose at all. Very croupy though. :-(
I would increase fluids, steamy showers, saline/suction and just keep an eye out.
Good luck!!
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote