Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

little girl's jeans?

Is anyone else finding that moving from toddler to girl's jeans means a tighter booty, and a crack peeking out when they bend over? B/c my almost 6 y/o srsly looks like a miniature Brittany Spears in her new pants, and I am SO not okay with it.

They ARE the right size. And they are "mid rise" not "low rise" I spent a long time looking through the pants section at Wal Mart, and these were the only ones that weren't "jeggins" "skinny jeans" or "low rise" ... but they don't seem too much better IMO.

I'm in the process of sewing her some skirts. B/c I am just dying looking at her in her new pants... which will be shipped off to consignment the moment I am done with her skirts.

Is this just the style nowadays? I'm not a prude by any means. I wear jeans myself, so I'm not ANTI-pants. But what in the world?

I tried a belt. And it keeps them up nicely. You still get a peek-a-boo of the top of her crack when she's sitting or bending over, and the belt makes the pants pull at her crotch. Oh, and the belt is in addition to cinching up the waistband, b/c that doesn't keep them from showing her booty. But even with that, the pants just seem designed to accentuate her butt.... She's 5.5 !!!!!

She inherited my figure. We are totally doomed.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: little girl's jeans?

I know you don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe, but what about tunic tops or just longer tops when she wears her jeans? Or putting an undershirt on her that is tucked into her pants? This is just what I do when I am wearing anything other than my "mom jeans."

eta: but yes, I totally understand! I am even having a hard time with my 2 year old! Everything is being cut so differently now. There is no reason any little girl needs to wear skin tight clothing!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma View Post
I know you don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe, but what about tunic tops or just longer tops when she wears her jeans? Or putting an undershirt on her that is tucked into her pants? This is just what I do when I am wearing anything other than my "mom jeans."
I tried the tucking in thing. She is just too active, and it comes un-tucked in 5 seconds..

No, I'm pretty set on making some skirts. She has plenty of solid shirts that will go with whatever skirts I make.

and I totally don't care if her clothes look homemade, and I have plenty of fabric. Poor kid. She's so proud of the skirt I made her yesterday. .... thankfully she's not old enough to recognize really bad sewing skills yet.

I was just wondering if this is the norm? Or maybe I am doing something wrong? Probably my mistake is being poor and shopping and Crap Mart. I mean, Wal Mart.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have that problem as well. I was looking at sweatpants even for her the other day. The 5t have such a long crotch and the girls 4/5 would barely cover her bottom the rise was so short. Jeans are just as bad. I found some Levi's that cover really well and I generally buy her bootcut.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think you can try little boy jeans.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I don't have this problem. My 5 yr old has Children's Place jeans that fit her really well, a pair from Old Navy that fit well, and a pair from Wal-Mart (I think they're Faded Glory) and they fit okay, too. I was really rather surprised that so far all the jeans have fit her well because she's so skinny, usually things fall down, even with an adjustable waist.

Didn't have that problem with my oldest at that age, either.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdmama*3 View Post
We have that problem as well. I was looking at sweatpants even for her the other day. The 5t have such a long crotch and the girls 4/5 would barely cover her bottom the rise was so short. Jeans are just as bad. I found some Levi's that cover really well and I generally buy her bootcut.
To the first bolded, this is exactly what I mean.

To the second bolded, yup, that's the cut I bought. (but not Levi's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I think you can try little boy jeans.
GREAT IDEA! Thanks! I might even have some put away somewhere that are hand-me-downs for DS!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I don't have this problem. My 5 yr old has Children's Place jeans that fit her really well, a pair from Old Navy that fit well, and a pair from Wal-Mart (I think they're Faded Glory) and they fit okay, too. I was really rather surprised that so far all the jeans have fit her well because she's so skinny, usually things fall down, even with an adjustable waist.

Didn't have that problem with my oldest at that age, either.
yea the Children's Place and ON ones are bad, too. I just got rid of two pairs of those brands. Actually, they were the worst offenders.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the same issue with DD. She just wears leggings and dresses/tunics. She does have a pair of Hanna's that have a much higher rise than any other jeans I've found.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had good luck with kohls brand jeans for my 6 year old dd. They are Sonoma and actually go just to the bottom of her belly button. They had boot cut and skinny when we got them last month.