Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: little girl's jeans?

I have found the same problem and if DD1 is not in dresses with leggings she has started wearing her brothers hand me down jeans that are hanna andersson and are more unisex anyway.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD has to get hers from Gymboree. IMO, they are worth shelling out the extra money for. They are cut modestly, and wear like iron.

We have 2 pairs from Kohls, and while they fit ok, they are tighter than I would like. Grandma bought them, so I couldn't complain much.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
NevadaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: danandsassy
seller

My Mood:

I was going to suggest Old Navy jeans too, I'm surprised that they didn't work for you. DD is almost 3 and of all the brands of jeans that she's had since birth ON jeans are the only ones where she doesn't have crack issues She has had 2 pairs of Children's Place jeans and they were definitely the worst, I'll never buy their jeans again.
NevadaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

We have a similar problem and I think it's disturbing how KID clothes are now designed to be sexy. I know someone with a boy and when you compare the same size pants, the boy ones are way looser through the legs and bum and aren't as low cut. I recently bought a pair of used jeans for DD to grow into and I think they're boys jeans b/c they don't have any girly embroidery and they look relaxed vs. stylish.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post
We have a similar problem and I think it's disturbing how KID clothes are now designed to be sexy. I know someone with a boy and when you compare the same size pants, the boy ones are way looser through the legs and bum and aren't as low cut. I recently bought a pair of used jeans for DD to grow into and I think they're boys jeans b/c they don't have any girly embroidery and they look relaxed vs. stylish.
i found this too b true in baby girl clothes. i have saved boys pants for my daughter from my older boys & she can wear 9-12 mo boy pants but has to b in 12-18 mo girls pants. i also noticed how the baby girl close r cut the same way too & really skinny/tight on the legs. were seeing alot of boy pants/shorts in her future or a size up in girls. (like we do now)

Last edited by moms5angels; 10-25-2012 at 07:44 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #16
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaMama View Post
I was going to suggest Old Navy jeans too, I'm surprised that they didn't work for you. DD is almost 3 and of all the brands of jeans that she's had since birth ON jeans are the only ones where she doesn't have crack issues She has had 2 pairs of Children's Place jeans and they were definitely the worst, I'll never buy their jeans again.
Yea, CP and ON seem to fit her tightly around the bum.

We used to get get 90% of our clothes from hand-me-downs or consignment/thrift stores. B/c of that, we may have an older style/cut of ON or CP jeans, so my feeling on them may be skewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post

The bolded is exactly what I was trying to say...
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Hmm, we never have this issue. My niece is in first grade and has some "junk in the trunk" and we don't have any problems with her jeans fitting tightly or too low rise etc. She wears jeans from Old Navy, Gap, Gymbo, The Children's Place etc.

Have fun sewing!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #18
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

My kids all have problems with crack showing in the back. But nothing I buy fixes that problem. My kids all have high cracks and bellies in the front. No matter how high rise the pants, they will always slip down to right under the belly - resulting in crack showing in the back and sagging at the crotch. It is super frustrating
Old 10-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #19
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel you! I have the same issue with my DD. We have had really good luck with clothing from Crazy 8 . They wear very well and look like sweet little girl clothing and not the prosti-tot styles you see every where else . They are comparable in price to Target I would say but the quality is vastly better.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #20
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

We don't put dd (6) in jeans any more, period. Now that she's out of toddler sizes, the jeans all look like they're designed for teenagers. She HATES them, anyway, because they're too tight for her to bend and play the way she wants to (she's very slender by the way, which makes the tightness even more disturbing to me). She's a million times happier in yoga-style pants or dresses with leggings

If she does want to wear jeans again, I would get them from Hanna Andersson (they make "Not So Skinny" jeans and "Not Old Enough for a Boyfriend" jeans) or maybe these from Mini Boden:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Girls-...?NavGroupID=19
Both are pricey, but I want my kid to look like a kid, not like a teenager-in-training.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote