Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #21
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: little girl's jeans?

My oldest hates jeans. She hasn't worn them for about three years. She wears some combo of dress or shirt and skirt and leggings every.single.day.

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #22
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

I buy most of my DD's jeans from the boys department. The fit is much better.

It wont work once she develops hips, but it does work while she is little.

We have found a few pairs of appropriate girly jeans at TCP and baby gap/gap kids.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #23
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have to get my girls (ages 7 and 9) @ Land's End. They can be pricey, $25/ea, but they wear really well, and fit really well. I get the bootcut there (they have others that have the shorter crotch, so I always make sure to get the bootcut).
And, if you watch for deals, you can get them pretty cheap. My mom got some for my girls last year for $5/ea!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a feeling we will have the same problem. I have trouble even looking at some of the clothes they have for little girls wondering why a 5 or 6 yr old needs to dress that way. Right now my girls are wearing hand me down pants from DS because the fit is MUCH better than any girls pants we have tried.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

I know exactly what you are talking about. My sisters (ages 6 and 7) just wear boy jeans, leggings and dresses, sweat pants, and overalls.
irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #26
ProudGingerMama
Registered Users

My ODD is going to turn 4 in December but she wears a size 6/7 (she isn't overweight or anything just growing fast) I hate trying to find cute skirts or shorts for her (we live in Hawaii) because they're all booty shorts or the skirts are way to short. I have started to make her skirts because of it. Her father on the other hand (we are divorced and currently have 50/50 custody) loves buying her all of the clothes that are entirely inappropriate for a 3/4 year old. I have a hard time convincing him not to get her those clothes. I definitely don't remember little girls clothing to be so "grown-up", for lack of a better term, when I was a kid!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #27
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 3.5yr old wears size 5 jeans and the only ones that are not awful on her are the Crazy 8 jeans. Luckily, they are often on sale for $10-12 and you can use coupons on top of that, bringing them to around the same price as Walmart jeans. I was surprised to find that Carters jeans are just awful for crack showing.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I general buy original boys jeans for my 8yo. I love Gap original fit for boys. Everything else doesn't even look comfortable.

Hanna Andersson jeans are awesome too but expensive.

Last edited by mjg2043; 10-26-2012 at 05:31 PM.
mjg2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #29
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I find this with Children's Place jeans. They are really narrow through the hip and even my skinny little girls get the butt crack. I have had good luck with Osh Kosh jeans because they don't have that adjustable waist elastic nightmare, but rather an elasticized waist in the back and snap/zip in the front. They go up high and seem to fit really well. Other than those, I steer clear of jeans altogether and stick with leggings and dresses. Luckily my daughters don't enjoy wearing jeans because they're uncomfortable.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
Whits01
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Saw a little girl playing on a little plasma car today and she was SITTING ON the waistband of her jeans!
Whits01 is offline   Reply With Quote