Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prayers - I'm scared for DH

Glad to hear hubby's tests were normal. Thought and prayers for you and your mom.

I'm a hospital/hospice social worker so I know the ins and outs of long term nursing home placement. If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me, I'd be happy to help!

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
loving my family
Registered Users

Praying for your DH and mom.

Last edited by loving my family; 10-28-2012 at 10:09 PM.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mom has improved a bunch after they diagnosed her with a urinary tract infection. She's had 2 days of antibiotics and she seems a lot less confused, not back to normal, but definitely better. They also did a bladder ultrasound which showed a "cystic mass". She's scheduled for a CT of her bladder tomorrow to try to figure it out. I don't think it's anything cancerous, since it didn't show on the last CT she had just a few weeks ago when she was hospitalized. So, I'm wondering if it is an abscess of some kind.
I'm hoping that she'll start feeling enough better to cooperate with physical therapy. Her insurance isn't going to pay for her stay much longer since she's not been cooperative with PT until now. Hopefully, she'll feel up to participating now and improve enough that insurance will continue to pay. Crossing fingers....

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
JKCCart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hallelujah! Praying for you, mama.

Jessica
Jessica wife to Kevin 12/05 mama to Christopher 12/06 our sweet baby LEVI in heaven July 17th, 2008 Hope July 17th, 2009 and Sahara Grace CHRIST FOLLOWER, BREASTFEEDING, BABY WEARING, CLOTH EVERYTHING MAMA
JKCCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
cody82414
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying!
cody82414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Praying and hugs!!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mom continues to improve. I got her to move around the nursing home in a wheelchair today and she's starting to participate with PT and OT a bit better. The CT showed that there wasn't really a bladder mass, just that her bladder is terribly distended due to an obstruction. They don't know what is causing the obstruction, but are looking into that further.

On other great news, the surgeon doesn't think my husband's mass is an enlarged lymph node! He thinks it is actually an unfortunately located lipoma (a benign fatty tumor). He says it feels too superficial to him to be a lymph node. Not a definite answer, but reassuring anyway! However, because of the location being so worrisome, he didn't want to do a needle biopsy at the visit the other day. Instead he wants to schedule an excisional (complete removal) biopsy in the hospital in a couple of weeks. Still, I can relax a little just with him saying he doesn't think it's lymphoma. :-)

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
crowealethea
Registered Users

That's great news mama! I know how relaxed you might be feeling.

Hope everything will be fine soon!

Last edited by crowealethea; 11-05-2012 at 12:31 AM.
crowealethea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
traciemwilliams
Registered Users

Glad it wasn't Hodgkin's. My mom and her mom had Hodgkin's. I know how scary that is! Hope you rmom is doing better.
traciemwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #20
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mom has been back in the hospital for several days due to bleeding from her bladder. She's been given 4 units of blood and they've been doing continuous bladder irrigation to clean out the clots that were causing the obstruction. Urologist thinks all of this was caused by an infection, so she's again being treated for a UTI. She's starting to feel better, so I hope she'll be able to really participate with PT when she goes back to the nursing home for rehab next week. I'm praying this is the final battle and she'll be able to work toward getting back home soon. I'd love to see her back in her own house before Christmas.