Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Handy mama cloth organization

I'm finding that the clear plastic covers that blankets or sheets come in at the store are perfect for holding mama cloths and keeping them organized. I washed and dried the blanket bags out with thyme oil to make sure they were sanitized before using them. Now I keep every length separate from other lengths by keeping them in separate blanket cover bags. I also have some cloth bags around and use those inside the blanket bags to separate regular from super absorbency levels in a given length. I just have them lined up by size in the cabinet under the sink. Grabbing the right cloth is now just as easy for me as grabbing for my disposables was. And it didn't cost me anything

Advertisement

Last edited by debcita429; 11-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Handy mama cloth organization

Wow, I just have mine strewn around in a drawer...
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
Wow, I just have mine strewn around in a drawer...
Yes, it is so simple once you have the system up that you can grab a cloth in your sleep so to speak. Due to a medical condition, I struggle with a lot of brain fog, and so I love having things like this all set up so that I don't have to think . Plus I don't have any spare drawers, and I wasn't going to throw them loose under the sink!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been wanting to organize mine by length/absorbancy for awhile now.
Need to try this!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
wyatt09
B/T with caution

My Mood:

good idea
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

pics
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Serena,

Thanks for asking for photos, but I had to order a new USB cable for my camera after overturning a few drawers trying to find mine. I hope I was pretty self-explanatory though. I actually have very few pads right now (and am about to resell the ones I just ordered here b/c I got the wrong sizes... hoping that goes smoothly so that I have money to order the right stash ). However, I have ample growing room for my stash in each zippered blanket bag. I keep the regular absorbencies in the small cloth bags that I had lying around on one side of the zippered blanket bag and let the super absorbencies loose in the remainder of the clear blanket bags. Easy peasy . One for liners, one for smaller regulars, one for the next size up, and one for nights.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have one of those little 3 drawer organizers in the bathroom...just one of the smaller ones like you can get during the back to school sales at walmart for less than $10, the drawers are the perfect size for papers...and mama cloth One drawer for each absorbancy.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's awesome. My bathroom is itty bitty, so I have to make do with my under the sink cabinet. But that sounds perfect to me and still plenty thrifty!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Mine are just in stacks in an uncovered shoe box in my panty drawer, lol. But mine are mostly for cup backup/light days/discharge, so I don't need them in the bathroom. Very neat ideas (both the bags and the mini drawers!)!