Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diaper bags: how much would you pay?

Front

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-887331217.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	123432

Back

Name:	image-3198747062.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	123433

Zip closure

Name:	image-892523389.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	123434

Interior pockets

Name:	image-260665389.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	123435

Better look at double pocket

Name:	image-231816789.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	123436

Measures 13 1/2" wide, 11" tall, 5" deep.
I used heavy duty interfacing and high quality home decor fabric for the body to give structure and durability. The straps (which I still need to stitch on) are lightly padded and long enough to allow messenger style carry or over the shoulder and will hang from most strollers. All pockets and lining are interfaced as well. Comes with a toggle clasp for keys. What is a fair price in your opinion based on your perception of his bags quality? They ate a great deal of work and im trying to figure out if it is worth it or whether I should switch to an easier pattern. Oh, & I could easily make this a messenger bag by adding a flap...do you think that would be better or do you like it as is?
Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also, ignore any loose threads...I haven't put it through the final analysis yet
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper bags: how much would you pay?

I like it! It reminds me a bit of my dream bag on Watermelon Wishes on Etsy. I would probably pay $125 ish for the bag not including custom fabrics if you allowed for that.

Would you also include a wet bag or a changing pad with the bag?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
I like it! It reminds me a bit of my dream bag on Watermelon Wishes on Etsy. I would probably pay $125 ish for the bag not including custom fabrics if you allowed for that.

Would you also include a wet bag or a changing pad with the bag?
Definitely a changing pad but I have made wet bags in the past and find working with PUL a pain! I would be open to working with a wahm who makes them in order to make matching bags available...
I really appreciate the feedback- thanks!
Also, wondering what makes you say $125? Is it the fabric, style...the fact that it is hand made and one of a kind?
Just trying to pick your brain
Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Definitely a changing pad but I have made wet bags in the past and find working with PUL a pain! I would be open to working with a wahm who makes them in order to make matching bags available...
I really appreciate the feedback- thanks!
Also, wondering what makes you say $125? Is it the fabric, style...the fact that it is hand made and one of a kind?
Just trying to pick your brain
Hmm... Well, I paid I think $60 for my Skip Hop Dash in 2006. It worked really good when DD was in the hospital, but once I came home with DS I realized I HATED the bag. I used it for the whole time DS was in diapers, and cursed it nearly every day. I made DH promise me a bag (at whatever cost within reason) when we get our next baby. Now 3 years later and still not pregnant I think DH would be happy to pay $125 for a bag for me!

I learned with DS that I LOVE pockets. A bag without pockets is just a big black hole for me. I have searched and searched (when I am not depressed for not having a baby) and I can't find anything other then WAHM that fit that need for pockets. I also like that WAHM can give me exactly what I want. Assuming I get pregnant in a few weeks, I will want a bag to reflect the full circle I have had in trying to bring children into this world. So having the ability to customize fabrics are also worth something to me. In that customizing having a matching wet bag and everything is also valuable to me. For me I don't care about insulating factors with fabric. My b@@bs are insulated last I checked so I don't need insulated pockets.

The ones on Watermelon Wishes are going for about that same price so that is what I figure would be a going rate.

That is probably TMI but it is my thought process.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

First, Im so sorry for your struggles trying to get pregnant and I hope it happens soon for you!!
Totally not tmi! I really am thankful that you took the time to reflect and let me know what is valuable to you. You are my market and I think you make some really great points to consider. There should be an option for a matching wetbag and customizing fabrics is so fun bc I would have the chance to really make someone's dream bag. I've actually taken a few of my relatives out to pick fabrics and made them bags and to this day they are so happy and appreciative! I LOVE being able to do that for someone
Old 11-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also curious about what kind of fabric would help tell your story...?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well for me an ideal fabric would say about the full circle this next baby would be for me. Assuming I get pregnant from my transfer on the 12th, this baby would be due on my triplets birthday and the due date of a good friend of mine at the time that I had the triplets. She got pregnant with twins and pprom'ed at 18 weeks and delivered at 23w 5d, lost her daughter right away, ended up going home with her son in about October of that year. I pprom'ed at 19 weeks and delivered at 24 w 0d, lost my son right away, and then lost my other son then at 5 months 5 days lost my daughter. I associate ladybugs with my triplets because when I got back to cleaning the house after 5 months of more or less ignoring it (with a child in the NICU you do the minimum) I found a TON of ladybugs around the house. Confused I attributed them to my triplets. Later I found out that it is a symbol of good luck in China, which my friend is Chinese and actually right now she is living in Hong Kong. I also had my father adopt my sisters from China (2002 and 2007) and brought home one of them since I lost my triplets.

This baby is also known as Baby E. My living son is Baby F. Yes that means that my embryo is older then my son. He/She is from my first IVF cycle (which resulted in a miscarried baby girl). My son is from my second IVF cycle. My IVF helped to discover my cancer as I went back for my frozen embryos and in a routine ultrasound a large mass was discovered. Several tests later I found out I had cancer and went through treatment (that put me in menopause) and then I waited 2 years and here I am.

So for fabric I would want something with ladybugs and oriental brocade type feel like with old trees and other life. Not sure how those would go together but I do have a Chinese dress that is black and red (purchased for me on my father's first trip to China). So not entirely unheard of.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, what An amazing story. Now I totally understand what you mean! If I ever see a fabric like that I will be sure to pm you!!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
rellasmommy
Registered Users
seller

I would pay about $50.
rellasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote