Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did older children visit after c-section?

I had a c-sec with my 3rd baby. Had to be at the hospital really early for platelet transfusions beforehand, then went for the c-sec around 10am. DH was with me there, my mother was at our house with the older 2 (3.5 and 1.5 at that time).
DH and I spent the day together - he called my mom right after the surgery to let her know that baby was born, a boy, and that we were both doing well. He went back home for a quick supper that afternoon/evening, and brought everyone back to see us.

So... I guess it was about 6 hours or so after the c-sec that they saw me.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
jessica377
Registered Users
seller

I don't know your situation, so take this with a grain of salt - but I wonder if your mom wants to be there at the hospital in large part because she is worried about her baby - you - during the surgery, and that is why she is so persistent. My mom was very worried during my c-section for both me and my baby. Could you perhaps find someone else to take your daughter to school so your mom can be at the hospital. I think we tend to forget that while we are focused on our precious babies, to our parents, we are still their precious babies. :-) Just a thought.
jessica377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
Mrs_B2009
Registered Users
seller

If we have a c-section this time as well, I'm thinking that we will wait a few hours before bringing her to visit. If it's a scheduled c/s in the morning, I'll probably ask my parents to bring her after lunch time when I should be settled into a post partum room, but still before I've had to get out of bed yet. We've already decided that she will absolutely be the first person (other than DH & I) to see the baby. So, my parents will have to wait in the waiting room!
Mrs_B2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Things went great Friday. My prep, csection, and recovery lasted from 5:30am until 10:30am and it was only me and my husband with the baby. When we got to postpartum, my mom, sister, and dad all came to visit. Later after school, my daughter came for intrductions. Worked out really well, thanks for the advice!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1300 View Post
Things went great Friday. My prep, csection, and recovery lasted from 5:30am until 10:30am and it was only me and my husband with the baby. When we got to postpartum, my mom, sister, and dad all came to visit. Later after school, my daughter came for intrductions. Worked out really well, thanks for the advice!
Congrats on the new baby and happy baby moon :-)
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectFifth View Post
DS1 came to visit the day after my c-section. If I were your shoes, I probably wouldn't see my mom until the next day, either. I think it's important to let mom-dad-baby have some space to get acquainted-- and recover from major surgery, for goodness' sakes!!! Your family has many happy years ahead of them with your new baby, so waiting a day before they meet him won't hurt anybody.
This is how I am looking at it. I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for a RCS next week, assuming I don't go into labor before then. My son is 18 months old and I just don't want him to see me unable to get out of bed and with that blank opiate stare. I told my husband I want to wait until I can get out of bed on my own before he comes to visit. Plus he's a snuggler- there's no way he could handle seeing me after a day or two without a big cuddle.
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is a good question. I am glad that you had an easy time of it.

I think I would like DS to come in early to see me and his brother. Does that sound rude? I mean I would love to have some family bonding time before I have to deal with EVERYONE. I am really concerned about DS bonding with the newbie and I want him to have first crack at his brother (after DH and I) assuming I have a well baby. My mother and step father are going to be visiting us and taking care of DS for us. No one else will be visiting us that I am aware of right now. I just had a VERY hard time when my half sister was born and I am trying to alleviate that in my son (maybe overly so). My half sister is by my father, not mother.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #18
Muninay
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am glad it worked out well with you.

In my c-sections (from 2nd to 6th), dh and kids see me briefly in the recovery room right after delivery. Then they go home to let me rest for and then visit me each day while i am in hospital.

The kids are always excited to see me and the new baby and see that everything went well. Since they are well behaved, I don't get stressed having them around.
Muninay is offline   Reply With Quote