Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
I just found this thread and I want to join all you ladies My name is Amanda and I have 2 little girls (4.5 and 2.5) and a wonderful DH. We got pregnant last fall and were due in July. On January 3rd I started bleeding and went to the ER where we discovered our baby has passed. My first appointment was only a couple days away and we had been waiting to hear the baby's heartbeat I was 10 weeks but the baby measured around 7-8 weeks. No one in my family had ever miscarried, I never expected it with 2 prior total normal pregnancies. Just was very emotionally hard on my husband and I and our oldest daughter who understood the loss and had to heal as well. I was unprepared to deal with the loss and still feel sadness over it. Last month was our first month NTNP, but that quickly turned into kind of TTC when I started to feel ovulation pain and started temping etc. Anyways it worked the first month and we are due July 15th!!!! We are so excited but I am so nervous!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you ladies!!!
Amanda - don't know if you remember me, but we were in the JuneBugs group together

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean, about it being totally unexpected after your healthy pregnancies - we had our first 3 pregnancies with no troubles before we had any losses. Then 3 followed before we got a sticky Levi.
It sounds... maybe strange, maybe odd... but the first and 2nd miscarriages were the hardest - the first because it was totally a shock, the 2nd because I (naively) thought it couldn't possibly happen twice. After those ones it got... easier somehow. Then we lost Elli... and that was a whole different loss altogether.
It is totally normal to feel sadness about your loss - it was at the time, it is now, and it will be for the rest of your years. Grief is strange, and comes and goes (seemingly) with no rhyme or reason. That's totally normal. I've found, honestly, it's easier to let the waves of emotion come. Don't fight them. Just let them come, and they will recede.

(and sorry for the novel there)

Congrats on your new little bean! for many healthy months to come with this new little one growing inside you.
This is an absolutely wonderful group, I'm so glad you found it... while at the same time so sorry you "belong" here. It's okay to say what's on your mind. Even if we haven't felt the same, we are here to listen and to lend a shoulder when needed.

Advertisement

__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #32
yellowitchgrl's Avatar
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,156
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Hey, still chugging along here. Everything still seems to be okay, although I can't ever seem to fully trust that. Still I'm preparing and all that.

Still thinking about all of you and praying for you!
__________________
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
PaisleyDeann's Avatar
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 451
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Amanda - don't know if you remember me, but we were in the JuneBugs group together

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean, about it being totally unexpected after your healthy pregnancies - we had our first 3 pregnancies with no troubles before we had any losses. Then 3 followed before we got a sticky Levi.
It sounds... maybe strange, maybe odd... but the first and 2nd miscarriages were the hardest - the first because it was totally a shock, the 2nd because I (naively) thought it couldn't possibly happen twice. After those ones it got... easier somehow. Then we lost Elli... and that was a whole different loss altogether.
It is totally normal to feel sadness about your loss - it was at the time, it is now, and it will be for the rest of your years. Grief is strange, and comes and goes (seemingly) with no rhyme or reason. That's totally normal. I've found, honestly, it's easier to let the waves of emotion come. Don't fight them. Just let them come, and they will recede.

(and sorry for the novel there)

Congrats on your new little bean! for many healthy months to come with this new little one growing inside you.
This is an absolutely wonderful group, I'm so glad you found it... while at the same time so sorry you "belong" here. It's okay to say what's on your mind. Even if we haven't felt the same, we are here to listen and to lend a shoulder when needed.
Of course I remember you!!!!!!! So you must have an almost 2.5 year old, I remember you called that little baby nudge right?!?! I do remember last year you were a junebug and I was in the July group and I ended up reading about your loss with Elli :'( I am so sorry I am so thankful to see you back here! So when are you due?
__________________
*Amanda* Married to Tim, the love of my life and my best friend 12/06
Mommy to Paisley(4) & Timmery(2) & expecting our RAINBOW July 2013!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Hey, still chugging along here. Everything still seems to be okay, although I can't ever seem to fully trust that. Still I'm preparing and all that.

Still thinking about all of you and praying for you!
Sarah - I kwym about not fully trusting that.
I'm glad you're preparing and that things are going well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
Of course I remember you!!!!!!! So you must have an almost 2.5 year old, I remember you called that little baby nudge right?!?! I do remember last year you were a junebug and I was in the July group and I ended up reading about your loss with Elli :'( I am so sorry I am so thankful to see you back here! So when are you due?
Yup, Levi is nearly 2.5... and rotten as all get-out! And, yes, he was my wee Nudge!
Thank you. Losing Elli was the hardest thing I've ever lived through. This pregnancy, honestly, is a close second so far. It's been really tough, and is definitely our last pregnancy no matter the outcome.

I'm due April 14th with this Babe. So far things seem... okay... I guess. I haven't been to my Dr for any appts yet. I have a ton of anxiety about going back to his office - the last time I was in there was when we got and read over the initial u/s report for Elliana. But I plan to go sometime next week after I get all this bday stuff out of the way.
I likely will get referred for the 20wk u/s then, and have anxiety about that too - I just need to see a healthy, moving baby on that screen.

The big thing with Elliana was lack of movement - I knew what I was feeling (just little bumps here and there, never kicks or wiggles) wasn't normal, wasn't what I'd felt with any of my other babies. And I had a strange feeling the whole pregnancy that something wasn't right.
So this time, movement has been a HUGE thing for me. I have felt Babe move and it is definitely different than with Elli... yet it doesn't feel the same as with the others either - although I keep telling myself that it likely is, I'm just remembering things differently this time.


This morning I was poking and rubbing Babe, trying to get him to move - he doesn't "wake up" when I do in the mornings, like the other babies always did. So I was bugging him and getting no response, as usual. Finally I gave up - then felt 4 or 5 kinda... rippling bumps - a bump started and then moved across my belly - and then one big shove on one side.
I'm still that things are okay in there. I don't have much hope... but I'm and , if that makes any sense.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #35
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,258
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Welcome, Amanda!

Sarah, good to hear you checking in.
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
I'm a Shaklee distributor! Click here for natural home and body care!
PM me for information on our 180 complete weight loss system! Samples available soon!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #36
PaisleyDeann's Avatar
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 451
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

I'm due April 14th with this Babe. So far things seem... okay... I guess. I haven't been to my Dr for any appts yet. I have a ton of anxiety about going back to his office - the last time I was in there was when we got and read over the initial u/s report for Elliana. But I plan to go sometime next week after I get all this bday stuff out of the way.
I likely will get referred for the 20wk u/s then, and have anxiety about that too - I just need to see a healthy, moving baby on that screen.

The big thing with Elliana was lack of movement - I knew what I was feeling (just little bumps here and there, never kicks or wiggles) wasn't normal, wasn't what I'd felt with any of my other babies. And I had a strange feeling the whole pregnancy that something wasn't right.
So this time, movement has been a HUGE thing for me. I have felt Babe move and it is definitely different than with Elli... yet it doesn't feel the same as with the others either - although I keep telling myself that it likely is, I'm just remembering things differently this time.

This morning I was poking and rubbing Babe, trying to get him to move - he doesn't "wake up" when I do in the mornings, like the other babies always did. So I was bugging him and getting no response, as usual. Finally I gave up - then felt 4 or 5 kinda... rippling bumps - a bump started and then moved across my belly - and then one big shove on one side.
I'm still that things are okay in there. I don't have much hope... but I'm and , if that makes any sense.
I will be praying for you everyday. You poor thing I know what you mean about being excited but not wanting to get too excited just in case Things were not the same for me last time either, I only threw up 5 times in 10 weeks whereas with my girls I threw up 10+ times a day. Yesterday when i wiped i *thought* i saw some pinkish blood but now I'm not sure since I haven't seen anything since. Ugh I will spend 9 months over analyzing too.... It's so hard... I will be praying for the very best news at your 20 week ultrasound <3
__________________
*Amanda* Married to Tim, the love of my life and my best friend 12/06
Mommy to Paisley(4) & Timmery(2) & expecting our RAINBOW July 2013!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
I will be praying for you everyday. You poor thing I know what you mean about being excited but not wanting to get too excited just in case Things were not the same for me last time either, I only threw up 5 times in 10 weeks whereas with my girls I threw up 10+ times a day. Yesterday when i wiped i *thought* i saw some pinkish blood but now I'm not sure since I haven't seen anything since. Ugh I will spend 9 months over analyzing too.... It's so hard... I will be praying for the very best news at your 20 week ultrasound <3
Thank you
it was just some weird spot in the tp that made it look pinkish (seriously, I HATE when that happens!), and it doesn't happen again.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Hi Ladies,
I was just reading to catch up Glad everyone is doing okay. My friend who lost a baby a little less then a year ago just found out she is pregnant and due in June. I told her about our group so hopefully we will see a new person around soon!

Everything is going well here. I was really sick with a nasty cold, worse I have ever had this week so that's why I went MIA! I am better now and saw the family doc yesterday, no ear infections or chest issues thankfully. He was not at all concerned about our little girl's 2V cord which was great. We are doing our OB consult on Monday so hopefully that goes well, our midwife is coming with us. I love that this little one is active, mostly when I lie down or after I eat one of her favorite foods. It is so nice to feel little baby movements, I know soon those will turn painful but for now it is a sign she is alive and well. Hugs to everyone!
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #39
myblessedbaby's Avatar
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,346
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Welcome, Amanda!

Sarah, good to hear you checking in.


Twinpossible: Sorry about the cold. Seems to be going around here too. My kids have been sick and it's just beginning for me. Glad your cord issues seems to be less of a big deal
__________________
-Kate SAHM to John 12/31/07, Grace 10/15/09, Jack ^i^ 5/18/12 , and Jane 5/14/13
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #40
TS8213's Avatar
TS8213
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,472
My Mood:
Sorry to those of you who've been feeling crummy. Once I get past the m/s stage of pregnancy I rarely ever get any sort of illness. I rarely get sick when I'm not pregnant, except for sinus/allergy stuff and a few bouts of strep every winter. I chalk it up to working in healthcare and being exposed to everything under the son. My kids are rarely sick either. Maybe 1x/yr for each of them? Knock on wood!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
__________________
Trace, married to Shaun 2.21.04
Kyleigh 11.8.04 ~ Tegan 12.29.06 ~ Emmerson Kate 2.21.13
Forever missing Colton 11.5.11 (15w)
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.