Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
thank you all! Keep em coming. I really like the Laptop boxes, maybe I'll invest in one of this pans out.

I found the smallest glad container i had and tried to fit it in with the lid. I juuuust closes but i dont think she could do it herself, like if she doesnt eat all her food. I have to look for shorter small containers. Maybe travel?

Advertisement

Last edited by corinne76; 11-09-2012 at 09:23 PM.
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: bento lunch ideas for small eaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
do you guys use cookie cutters for sandwiches and make them all cute like in the pictures I see online?
My oldest ds is humiliated when I do this, lol. My yds doesnt like sandwiches. But, sometimes I have my bfs dd overnight (she's 8) and she loves it.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol. I would think it's more a girly thing.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finding the right lunchbox and containers is half the battle. Now that we have a good system we are all less stressed about lunch . I've bought 5 until I finally found the lunch box I like

If we did all cold lunch I think I'd definitely get a bento set.

Last edited by Suzi; 11-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Suzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi
Finding the right lunchbox and containers is half the battle. Now that we have a good system we are all less stressed about lunch . I've bought 5 until I finally found the lunch box I like

If we did all cold lunch I think I'd definitely get a bento set.
I do like the look of the laptop ones. Plus i dont need to worry about finding small containers for wet stuff. The one i bought was $6 so I'm going to wait to make sure this gets her to eat more, then go to whole foods and check the laptop ones out. I though the thermos would work and we know how that panned out
Old 11-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #16
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I do like the look of the laptop ones. Plus i dont need to worry about finding small containers for wet stuff. The one i bought was $6 so I'm going to wait to make sure this gets her to eat more, then go to whole foods and check the laptop ones out. I though the thermos would work and we know how that panned out
Lol! The kiddo I worry about more is my one that needs to eat a ton for lunch or he gets super crabby. It was hard figuring something out but now that we have he has great afternoons at school. My oldest is the one that hardly eats after 7am so I don't worry about him nearly as much anymore
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm wondering if i could do this for dh as well. He eats a lot though. I usually pack him 2 sandwiches and he buys chips or whatever. He's in the road so hearing lunch isn't always an option, do it basically sandwiches or eating out
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone know if a laptop lunchbox will fit into a Pack-it bag to keep the food cold? TIA
Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found a small travel container, maybe 1oz in travel for $.89 and a thing of sprinkles for $1. The sprinkles container had a lid amd will be perfect for wet things. I also picked up some heart and star cookie cutters for $5. More than i wanted to spend but dd wanted them. Crossing my fingers this works

Last edited by corinne76; 11-10-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are the lids on the laptop boxes leak proof? DD's lunch box would make the container sideways so I would like something that doesn't leak if she does get food that is a little wet

eta: So I'm a sucker. I went to amazon to look for those silicone cups and ended up getting that and the laptop box. I think it will work well. I realized that she's been eating like a bird, even at home. So I guess I can't get mad she's not eating at school. At home she asks me how much more she needs to eat, at school there's no one there to tell her.

I made her lunch today and cut her PB&J into a heart and she loved it. It's bigger than I wanted, but she's happy. one heart took up almost the whole bread. I also gave her a little bit of banana and mandarin orange to see how she'd like the whole bento concept and she picked at everything.

Last edited by corinne76; 11-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.