Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am moving this to Potty Training under Parenting. Thanks!

I don't see any other place for posting about potty learning so I hope this is the right place.

My son is 21 months old and we are trying to potty train. I'm lost! I have two girls and I potty trained them but my boy it's more difficult. He doesnt want to wear a diaper, training pants or big boy underwear. I let both my girls go naked during potty training but we have moved since and now my home is all tile. Yesterday he peed then ran away and slipped and hurt his bottom. So what do I do now? How can I get him to wear something so that it isn't dangerous but still helps him learn?

Anyone else deal with something similar?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by momof_3; 11-25-2012 at 08:15 PM.
momof_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Will he wear pants? He can pee in those and not slip and hurt himself. Or can you put down a bunch of towels while he learns ?

BTW you can find potty training under the parenting forum

Good luck!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
momof_3

seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Will he wear socks? They will be wet but maybe not as slippery as wet feet . Good luck mama!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
momof_3

seller
seller

My Mood:
The only issue with socks is that they are pretty dangerous on the tile too. Maybe I can try the slipper socks that have grips on the bottom?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I didn't think about if they weren't wet :/. I've always used old navy or children's place socks. Try have the size in puff paint on the bottom so they aren't as slippery.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty training/learning with a 21mo boy. Help!

My 25 mo DS is pretty close to PL'd. I experimented with naked and undies, but now I put him in underwear and sweatpants at home and flip trainers when we go out. I think with little boys (guessing here; I have no girls) pants might be better than naked. The pee is caught (and mostly absorbed) by the pants, so there are few puddles, but it is uncomfortable enough for him to notice. With a little girl, I would imagine you'd have the discomfort of the pee running down her legs, but if the little boy is naked he is mainly going to see himself peeing. That is good for his awareness, but not sure it's as much of an incentive as a bit of discomfort. Tonight our little guy toddled over to me, stiff-legged with wet pants, but there was no puddle where he had been playing. hth
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
momof_3

seller
seller

My Mood:
Thats a good idea. I can try putting pants on. Maybe he won't fight me on those.