Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Nov 13 to Nov 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I ate too much food! Oh well It was worth it!

Things are going well here...just busy. I was able to switch to another OBGYN (my other OBGYN lost privileges and things were a little weird and stressful for a few weeks)

I go in on Monday (with the new OB)...so I'm hoping it goes well and that they will do an ultrasound so I can *hopefully* find out pink or blue finally!
Fingers crossed that it goes well! I know how sad you were about loosing your OB. Hopefully it will be a good change! Can't wait to hear pink or blue

AFM: Add me to the list of the over eaters...oh man! This little girl made me pay for my indulgence! Luckily we have tons of left overs so I am whipping up some fresh mash potatoes tonight to go with our turkey and sides This time I am going to try to pace myself

As far as the shopping goes I totally scored with an online deal that I thought I would pass along to ya all. I have wanted to get my older girl's loveys for a while from a company called BlaBla because they are machine washable and mama made. Sadly they are pretty pricey and considering I have to buy two they were always out of reach. So I sold some of the wool the girls outgrew and saved up my Paypal from my home business orders and then TA DA they email me a coupon So if any of you want to get BlaBlas for your kiddos use givethanks20 as the coupon code for 20% off today, it goes down to 15% tomorrow.

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #32
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

We had a pretty busy couple of weeks. A few weeks ago I made the silly mistake of allowing the quad screen, which flagged for trisomy 18. Then had a lovely 2-3week wait to find out our son was fine. That was Friday.

Then we spent the weekend packing. Closed on Monday. And started moving right away. Still have lots of boxes in our new garage, and lots of cleaning and purging in our old house before closing next week. And a million to-dos to get our new house set up, fence built, etc. I'm enjoying getting everything nice and organized, though. And I'm falling in love with the new house.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hi mamas! Hope everyone had a good holiday.

I've been busy working some OT this last week since I've been feeling well. Worked 60 hrs in 6 days. Whew! Unfortunately all this on my feet time means the BH have started. I never had them til the very end of my other pregnancies. Crazy BF shopping last night didn't help. DH and I are spending next Saturday in downtown Chicago walking around and shopping. Hope I'm not overdoing it!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #34
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like everyone has been busy too!

Joeslittlewoman--I'm so relieved for you that you got good news after a scare! I hate those stupid quad screen tests!

Trace--I'm totally jealous of your ability to pick up extra shifts for extra cash this time of year Hope you can take a few days to relax now!! You deserve it!

I'm actually really happy about the switch in OBGYN's. I found out more information about the OB I'm leaving...and honestly, I really didn't like the way she was handling the situation with her clients. It seems like she could have been more straightforward about the loss of privileges and lawsuit, and I think it would have made her look better to be openly supportive of people switching (and offering to help them find a good doctor) to a different practice if that is what they felt they needed to do. I am switching back to the OBGYN that delivered my son....the only reason I switched originally was because first OBGYN stopped allowing VBAC's halfway through my pregnancy with YDD, so I switched to the OBGYN that would allow them in our area. I ended up with a repeat c-section...so it actually feels good to go back to the OBGYN that walked me through a very difficult pregnancy
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #35
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm so happy! I had a great day!
I'm nearly done with ALL my Christmas shopping. Got some amazing deals today!!!!

And! To top it all of I had an appt with my chiro today!
He is a miracle worker!
He did some soft tissue work and gave me an alignment. Holland slipped right down there. Shes still breech (I didnt feel her flip today), more transverse I guess but shes not standing straight up anymore. My belly is round instead of flatish. He said my hips and back were so tight.

So I'm hoping a few more visits to him and she'll be in a great position. Once he can loosen and open me up.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #36
samham
Registered Users
seller

We had a great thanksgiving as well. Spent day with the whole family, I have the cutest 2 1/2 week nephew I got to cuddle with. Got kicked out of my house that night. DH is pretty much redoing the whole house. Ripped out all the trim, carpet and linoleum. Today he will be sanding and painting. Hopefully tomorrow he will have floors laid and I can go home. I already miss my own bed.
Didn't get any great black friday deals. Missed the kohls geotrax set for $50 cause the site kept freezing. Have a few more things on the list to add but am not in a hurry.
Quit work on Friday. I was going too work tomorrow and quit but I woke up and my wrist was so swollen I knew I couldn't work so I got to quit a day early. Start babysitting next week which isn't much but it's something extra coming in at least. Diaper money.
Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving and is getting good news. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #37
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi and checking in again

Had appointment with new OBGYN and it went great! I go see maternal fetal medicine for an ultrasound tomorrow....so fingers crossed that we don't get to be team green much longer and especially that all continues to look good!

My new OBGYN said she really prefers my original due date of March 30th, which means I'm technically really do belong here after all! It also means I'm 3 days further along than I had been believeing. Either way, my c-section date will most likely be the same as it would have been with the April 2nd due date since my switchover day is on Saturday.....I don't think they will try to do the section before I'm 39 weeks.

I'll be keeping you all posted about tomorrow! i'm kinda nervous....I hate ultrasounds (oher than getting to see the baby) and feel like they always find somthing wrong,especially the MFM people.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #38
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Glad your appt with the new OB went well and good luck at today's scan with MFM!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're having a girl

Now to figure out a name....

Everything looks great so far
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #40
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1
We're having a girl

Now to figure out a name....

Everything looks great so far
Congrats mama!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote