Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: My redemption birth

Congratulations!!!

My 1st birth was a lot like yours. I also did not realize how much it bothered me until much later. My 2nd birth turned into an accidental unassisted homebirth and it was truly healing! Since my 1st "flat on my back, hospital birth" experience, I have gone on to have 4 wonderful, amazing, and unique all natural births (3 at home but also 1 preemie hospital birth). I couldn't imagine doing it any other way now.

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

You're birth is almost identical to mine! Congratulations mama!!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
InBloomDoula
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
Awesome story! The every 20 minute interruptions were the same reason I chose homebirths for my subsequent births. So happy you had the peaceful birth you wanted!
Exactly! I hear expectant mom's say they are looking forward to the hospital stay so they can rest before going home and I try to explain what the interruptions are like but they don't understand until afterwards. And by then, it is too late! :P
OP Your birth sounds so special and I love that it was healing for you and your experience with H's birth. I know just what you mean about how connected you feel after an active birth. I think that is something a lot of Bradley parents have experienced since there is such and emphasis on the family element of birth and the role of each family member.
InBloomDoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Cherise1502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What an amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
ICURNMama
Registered Users
seller

What a great story! Congratulations!
ICURNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love reading these types of birth stories! They give me hope that my next birth can be better! Thanks for sharing
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
Meighan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. That's part of the reason I wanted to share it is to give hope to anyone wanting to try things differently than the norm. I know that reading unmedicated birth stories really helped me gain some courage while I was preparing for my own natural birth
Meighan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #18
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
cjdj3
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing! Great story
cjdj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #20
birdinhand
Registered Users

That sounds so similar to my first experience, where I was just convinced, "This is how we have babies, we get induced because our babies are 'getting too big,' we sit in the bed and don't get out, we listen to the nurses and obs and don't do anything unless they suggest it, we lie on our backs and push our babies out with our knees at our heads, and then we have our babies vaccumed out. They take the baby away to clean/weigh/measure/dress/wrap/diaper, and then we get them back swaddled and capped. That experience led me to seek out something different as well, so I will never say it was bad in the sense that I learned huge life lessons from it.

COngrats, Mama! Birth can really be the door that opens up vastly dfferent views and perspectives if we let it, and it sounds like you did. <3

ETA: I had raw and nagging feelings after my first birth. I felt really bad about the decisions I made, not trusting myself or my instincts, following blindly where the hospital led. I really felt bad that it was 15 minutes before I even got to see my guy in my arms. I didn't plan for my second birth to heal me at all, I dind't even know that was possible. But when my second (with a midwife in a hospital with no interventions or induction or anything but wet, slippery baby directly to my chest!) was about 4 months old, my 1st wanted to watch his birth video (I have them all on video). As we watched, and I was cryin because he was out, but away from me with the nurses doing their thing, I picked him up and held him close to me, mentally apologizing for letting it be that way. After that experience, it never seemed to bother me the same way, it was like a balm was applied and that raw sore was healed over.

Amazing .

Last edited by birdinhand; 02-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote