Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #21
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621
DS is sick.....really sick.....Fever of 103 last night. He was on the verge of another febrile seizure by the time I got him in the tub. He's coughing, constantly crying, can't get the fever below 100. All I want to do is either from fatigue, having my baby sick, or both. Dr. appointment at 11. Just hope we don't end up at hossy for Thanksgiving and his 1st birthday.
Poor baby, poor you. I hope he feels better soon and that you're not stuck in the hospital. Hugs.

Advertisement

pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #22
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
DS is sick.....really sick.....Fever of 103 last night. He was on the verge of another febrile seizure by the time I got him in the tub. He's coughing, constantly crying, can't get the fever below 100. All I want to do is either from fatigue, having my baby sick, or both. Dr. appointment at 11. Just hope we don't end up at hossy for Thanksgiving and his 1st birthday.
Oh no I hope he's feeling better soon, hospitals are no fun.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NTNP November 18th - 24th

Finally back from doctor. DS has croup and a mild ear infection. Dr. said he could be contagious with the croup for another 24 hrs. and that he may not feel much better until Thursday or Friday. He's on 5 days of antibiotics (2 x a day) and 5 days of steriods (also 2 x a day) to clear it all up. His fever still hasn't gone below 100-101 all day. I guess the good news is that it wasn't my worst fear, pnumonia, and he didn't have to go to the hossy. Bless his heart!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Finally back from doctor. DS has croup and a mild ear infection. Dr. said he could be contagious with the croup for another 24 hrs. and that he may not feel much better until Thursday or Friday. He's on 5 days of antibiotics (2 x a day) and 5 days of steriods (also 2 x a day) to clear it all up. His fever still hasn't gone below 100-101 all day. I guess the good news is that it wasn't my worst fear, pnumonia, and he didn't have to go to the hossy. Bless his heart!
It's always so hard to watch them struggle when sick. My DD and I are both still sick from some nasty thing DH brought home 2 weeks ago.

We have the humidifier going, lots of liquids, and I have DD sleeping elevated as much a possible. (I have a towel rolled up under her mattress. And she is sleeping on a pillow. I know pillows are a no-no but she had major reflux issues so she has slept on a boppy since she was 2 months old. She co-slept with us when she was little. It was the boppy or we would have to each take turns staying up and holding her up for her to sleep. )

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #25
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
It is so hard when they are sick! Praying that he will be feeling better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
It's always so hard to watch them struggle when sick. My DD and I are both still sick from some nasty thing DH brought home 2 weeks ago.

We have the humidifier going, lots of liquids, and I have DD sleeping elevated as much a possible. (I have a towel rolled up under her mattress. And she is sleeping on a pillow. I know pillows are a no-no but she had major reflux issues so she has slept on a boppy since she was 2 months old. She co-slept with us when she was little. It was the boppy or we would have to each take turns staying up and holding her up for her to sleep. )
Hoping you both feel better soon!

AFM: Baking pies today! So excited to spend tomorrow with family and then Black Friday shopping! My goal is to get all my shopping DONE!!

Have a great day girls!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #26
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! DD seems to now be comming down with it too. Luckily, dr. sent me home with an Rx for her if we needed it. Filling it today in hopes that we'll be able to be around family tomorrow. DS still sounds awful, but temps are finally going down....some.

Question: What is the best book for natural family planning? I considered doing this after DS, but never did. Anyone here ever try it? Obviously I'm not thinking of trying it now since we're NTNP, but after another little one is born I might give it a try and would like to read up on it. I don't know anything about temps and such for ovulation. I just started taking detailed notes about AF and logging them into my My Days App in case I need to call the gyn back in a few months. She thinks I might have some endometriosis issues. :/
Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #27
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Happy Thanksgiving! BFN here today, but it's still very early, I was just hoping.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #29
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Oh my!! Big hugs, mama! I hope your little one is better very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #30
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Thanks mamas! DD seems to now be comming down with it too. Luckily, dr. sent me home with an Rx for her if we needed it. Filling it today in hopes that we'll be able to be around family tomorrow. DS still sounds awful, but temps are finally going down....some.

Question: What is the best book for natural family planning? I considered doing this after DS, but never did. Anyone here ever try it? Obviously I'm not thinking of trying it now since we're NTNP, but after another little one is born I might give it a try and would like to read up on it. I don't know anything about temps and such for ovulation. I just started taking detailed notes about AF and logging them into my My Days App in case I need to call the gyn back in a few months. She thinks I might have some endometriosis issues. :/
I don't know if it is the best but I like Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Lots of mamas like it. I'm glad your DS is better. Hopefully everyone will be healthy soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote