Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #41
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses
Well I'm cautiously joining you all also. I think I'm due August 8, but not entirely sure as I had a miscarriage on oct 31. I had a loss in August also so I'm pretty much terrified at the moment. I haven't even told dh yet. I'm going to wait until Saturday to tell him. It's my birthday and we are going out and I know he will wonder why I'm not having a drink. I am calling my ob in the morning. She wants to put me on progesterone...not sure if I'll take it or not. If my hcg is good and doubling, I'll probably skip it. Sorry to be so long winded. Congrats to everyone and I REALLY hope I get to stick around this time.
Welcome! I am sending sticky baby dust your way! I agree with PP that I would take the progesterone too as it is a common problem/solution.

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #42
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
Well I'm cautiously joining you all also. I think I'm due August 8, but not entirely sure as I had a miscarriage on oct 31. I had a loss in August also so I'm pretty much terrified at the moment. I haven't even told dh yet. I'm going to wait until Saturday to tell him. It's my birthday and we are going out and I know he will wonder why I'm not having a drink. I am calling my ob in the morning. She wants to put me on progesterone...not sure if I'll take it or not. If my hcg is good and doubling, I'll probably skip it. Sorry to be so long winded. Congrats to everyone and I REALLY hope I get to stick around this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
Congrats! I just had a miscarriage at the end of October as well. I would definitely take the progesterone since a progesterone deficiency can be a cause of repeat miscarriages, so I'm glad your OB wants to be on top of that. She will probably order your progesterone levels to be taken as well as the HCG, and if not I would request it. I hope things go smoothly for you this time.
CONGRATS to ALL you ladies!! I am cautiously expecting August 9th. I'm still in shock as we were trying but taking off the month of November. Mmm. Wow. Anyways, I just wanted to second getting your levels checked. I will be going in tomorrow to get a blood draw done. I am sorry to hear about both your prior losses. I miscarried in December 2010 and got pregnant that month too. I was prescribed progesterone supplements and am going to request them even if my levels look good. I've heard it can't hurt anything, and it will ease my mind too. I wish a HH9M to all you ladies
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #43
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemama

CONGRATS to ALL you ladies!! I am cautiously expecting August 9th. I'm still in shock as we were trying but taking off the month of November. Mmm. Wow. Anyways, I just wanted to second getting your levels checked. I will be going in tomorrow to get a blood draw done. I am sorry to hear about both your prior losses. I miscarried in December 2010 and got pregnant that month too. I was prescribed progesterone supplements and am going to request them even if my levels look good. I've heard it can't hurt anything, and it will ease my mind too. I wish a HH9M to all you ladies
Congrats! I hope you everything looks perfect and your doctor can reassure you in the best way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #44
momto2princesses
Registered Users

well, I called the OB and I have an appointment next wednesday. She's going to call in the script for the progesterone and I'll get a beta and progesterone level at my appointment. I guess I'm going to take the progesterone. I suppose it won't hurt. I just have a hard time believing I have a progesterone issue when I had two totally healthy pregnancies before my 1st miscarriage. My youngest is only 2 so its not like it was that long ago.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #45
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am cautiously joining! According to my lmp I am due 8-12, but my cycles are short and I usually go 2+ weeks early, so I am guessing I will have a late July lo.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #46
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats ladies!!

I am cautiously joining, AF due today, first test taken this morning is very faint. I will test again tomorrow to help reassure me. Tentatively due August 7th. Not going to call midwife until another test shows positive.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #47
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleahDeann View Post
Congrats ladies!!

I am cautiously joining, AF due today, first test taken this morning is very faint. I will test again tomorrow to help reassure me. Tentatively due August 7th. Not going to call midwife until another test shows positive.
congrats! I'm sort of in the same boat....super faint test today...AF due tomorrow. I need that line to be darker before I'm ready to stop obsessing. :-)
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #48
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm causiously stepping in here as well Not sure of my due date, but according to my conception date (as I pretty much know the day this one was conceived) my due date may be on or near August 9th. My last two kids were 36 weekers. I had a miscarriage in January of this year, and I'm nervous about this one. I had bloodwork today, but no results yet, even though they told me they would be in within a few hours. I even called them, but they never returned my call. I'll be calling first thing in the morning and giving them a what for. I'm scared. Having a miscarriage this year was a real eye opener for me.

This will be baby #5 if it sticks, and I hope it does. I've been having dreams of babies for a few weeks now, and I really think my body wanted this pregnancy.

When is this group going to get its official "sticky due date thread"? It will be fun to see who's due and when!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #49
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

momto2princesses and crunchymamaNY We are all going to be pretty close in our due dates! SO much fun!! I hope we all get BFP with a retest tomorrow!!! I need a darker line!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #50
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
well, I called the OB and I have an appointment next wednesday. She's going to call in the script for the progesterone and I'll get a beta and progesterone level at my appointment. I guess I'm going to take the progesterone. I suppose it won't hurt. I just have a hard time believing I have a progesterone issue when I had two totally healthy pregnancies before my 1st miscarriage. My youngest is only 2 so its not like it was that long ago.
I had two healthy pregnancies before my miscarriage as well. I got pregnant with 2nd child and my the baby(#3) I miscarried when I was weaning from breastfeeding. Breastfeeding can effect your progesterone levels. I also discovered I had late ovulation. I am not sure if I always did or just since having children. If you ovulate late this can be a sign your progesterone levels are low too. I'm sure there are many other reasons and signs. I know a handful of women that have progesterone level issues. If your levels are low or you have a sudden drop in levels miscarriage is a possibility. Glad to hear your getting your levels monitored! HH9M's to you!
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote