Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #111
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I think for most people, there's no worry.. it's just that my DD seemed to stay in the same position all the time and I just worry that this one won't move either. Golly, we tried for a good 45minutes to get the baby to move during the ultrasound and baby wouldn't budge an inch.

I have checked out spinningbabies.. sheesh.. talk about an overwhelming website! I don't even know where to start!
In my birthing class they said a simple thing to do to give baby the most available space to move in was this: get a birthing/yoga ball, and spend an hour or so a night on your knees leaning with your upper body on the ball. Kinda like being on all fours, just resting your chest on the ball for comfort. Gravity gives you more room. DD2 was transverse my entire pregnancy, I did the for 3 weeks and she was head down by "go time". Don't know of anything else to back this up but my experience, I'll be trying again this time cuz I'm breech too!

Advertisement

mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #112
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

I had something weird happen tonight! Baby seemed to stretch (I could feel his feet off to the right) and then I had like a weird half contraction... It felt like a contraction, but it seemed to be isolated to the very lowest part of my uterus??... It was nothing at all like the BH I have been having, and even DH felt it and was a little weirded out. When we palpated, it was like soft, pliable uterus, you could feel a little bit of baby here and there, and once you got to like the lowest 25% it was hard as a rock! Like my whole uterus would be during a normal contraction. This happened twice and that was it. How strange?! Does anyone know what this...

Galen Alexander Hunt.
It sounds exactly like bh to me with only part of the uterus contracts. I wouldn't worry. Cute name! I like Galen a lot.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #113
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 18th-24th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Like my whole uterus would be during a normal contraction. This happened twice and that was it. How strange?! Does anyone know what this was? Pardon my ignorance :S

Also - I think we might have finally chosen a name!

Galen Alexander Hunt.
just some sort of BH contraction, I'd chalk it up to.

Love the name! I think if you just call him "galen" all the time people would call him the same and not shorten it - wouldn't they?

AFM: Trying to figure out how to get diaper laundry all done and still leave sometime this morning DH and I watched a couple episodes of Fringe last night (love that show - seriously, if you haven't watched it and like sci-fi - GO WATCH IT!!!) and then I was too tired to deal with laundry. Now I'm paying for my laziness!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #114
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

just some sort of BH contraction, I'd chalk it up to.

Love the name! I think if you just call him "galen" all the time people would call him the same and not shorten it - wouldn't they?

AFM: Trying to figure out how to get diaper laundry all done and still leave sometime this morning DH and I watched a couple episodes of Fringe last night (love that show - seriously, if you haven't watched it and like sci-fi - GO WATCH IT!!!) and then I was too tired to deal with laundry. Now I'm paying for my laziness!
Well I don't know how you would shorten Galen, haha, but DH likes Alexander better. We have a while to figure it out.

Fringe creeps me out! DH loves it but I cannot stand it. I've seen the previews for the newest season and it seems like it is getting just more and more crazy! Eeeek :S Give me Criminal Minds or SVU ANY day.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #115
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Today is my 2yo birthday. Bittersweet. Her party is friday evening so here's to a busy week.

Hope everyones weekend is great. I wish i could keep up better in the chat thread, but it goes so fast.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #116
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
In my birthing class they said a simple thing to do to give baby the most available space to move in was this: get a birthing/yoga ball, and spend an hour or so a night on your knees leaning with your upper body on the ball. Kinda like being on all fours, just resting your chest on the ball for comfort. Gravity gives you more room. DD2 was transverse my entire pregnancy, I did the for 3 weeks and she was head down by "go time". Don't know of anything else to back this up but my experience, I'll be trying again this time cuz I'm breech too!
that's interesting, I will have to try that.. but an hour a day? I guess I'll have to go back to watching tv or something. Or find a good book.... but very reassuring. I do have a ball that we got last time and I blew up earlier this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Well I don't know how you would shorten Galen, haha, but DH likes Alexander better. We have a while to figure it out.
My husband goes by his middle name. He refuses to let us name any child and then call them by their middle name - he says it's cruel. He gets called by his first name half the time, his middle name by people who really know him and some relatives insist on using both as if they're hypenated.

I guess after 30+ years, it starts to irritate you. Might not be a big deal to some others - but he said it sucked in school trying to get teachers to call you by the right name and of course, now he's in the military.. but they use last names mostly.

anyways.. just food for thought very few things bother him - he's so even keeled - but that bugs him.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 11-24-2012 at 09:45 AM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #117
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

that's interesting, I will have to try that.. but an hour a day? I guess I'll have to go back to watching tv or something. Or find a good book.... but very reassuring. I do have a ball that we got last time and I blew up earlier this week.
Maybe 30 minutes... more is better. I used to do it during our chill time after the kiddos were in bed, either read or watch TV.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #118
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

My husband goes by his middle name. He refuses to let us name any child and then call them by their middle name - he says it's cruel. He gets called by his first name half the time, his middle name by people who really know him and some relatives insist on using both as if they're hypenated.

I guess after 30+ years, it starts to irritate you. Might not be a big deal to some others - but he said it sucked in school trying to get teachers to call you by the right name and of course, now he's in the military.. but they use last names mostly.

anyways.. just food for thought very few things bother him - he's so even keeled - but that bugs him.
My dh would totally agree. Before we married he was going to legally change it, but now it'd be a lot of paperwork. Actually, everyone I know who goes by their middle name (6 that I can think of offhand) feel that way. A friend "remedied" that by using both names so the middle was more like a nickname.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #119
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
i love doing this just bc it feels so good. My ball got a hole so i need a new one:/
The ball,also comforted my first born during his colicky stage....i just bounced and bounced.

If anything, it will take pressure off your hips......but fx baby gets a hint and goes head down before birth
Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #120
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Today is my 2yo birthday. Bittersweet. Her party is friday evening so here's to a busy week.

Hope everyones weekend is great. I wish i could keep up better in the chat thread, but it goes so fast.
happy Birthday to her!!

Quote:
Maybe 30 minutes... more is better. I used to do it during our chill time after the kiddos were in bed, either read or watch TV.
yeah, up until this week, chill time after the kiddo went to bed was netflix or reading. but then this week, I had DH reactivate my WOW account and I'm really enjoying spending the chill time on the compy again :P