Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dips are VERY rarely used anymore, and I can guarantee that they are MUCH more dangerous for the pet, the human dipping and te environment than most vet approved flea preventions. We wouldn't even do them at our clinics because of tr negative side effects.

And environment control is necessary BUT if your fleas don't have a host or something to feed on then they can not lay eggs. No eggs=no fleas. One flea can lay like 30 eggs in the first 5 mins of feeding, so just imagine those 30 hatching and feeding, that's 30x30, and then go from there if you take away the hosts you should be ok. If your using frontline it may take a while for you to stop seeing fleas, but they are NOT lying eggs and are dying after feeding so once the life cycle stops (at about 3 to 4 months) you will be totally in the clear.

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
kayleesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dog still has fleas:(

We are done we started with flea bath then next day dawn bath n oatmeal dog conditioner then 2 days capstar n today advantix I followed directions closely for advantix but every spot I put it on her back paging fur n putting on her skin has a greasy look to it. Praying it worked. We see no fleas but she is still scratching I am going to go tonite n get fish oil pills hubby n I néed to start taking them anyway n I am thinking giving her 1 a day too.
kayleesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The Advantix will have a oily look to it in the fur, as long as you got it on the skin it is fine.

Just remember if you do see fleas, that it takes them jumping into her and biting her for them
To die. And her skin is still recovering from all of the shampoos and flea bites.

Good luck! Sounds like you did great! Just remember to reapply the Advantix in 30
Days!