Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Found a refurbished 3DS for $119 plus tax and ordered that. I figured we would see what it looks like when it gets here and how well we like it. Going to check out the XL in person when I can make it to the closest store with one on display. I hope the Angry Birds game is cool...boy is begging for it!

Advertisement

MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nintendo DSi or 3DS?

Glad to see this thread because while we don't have anywhere near that much to spend on ds for Christmas, my 8yr old DS has been saving for one for over a year. He was wanting to get a 3DS, but it would take him probably another 2 years or more for that. Right now he has just enough to cover a DSi in the Black Friday Sales, so I think he's decided he wants me to try to get one for him.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

I'd go with the 3DS as well. You can turn off the 3D. Why pay for a feature you won't use? Because the newest games are only 3D. DS1 has an old DS Lite and has asked for a 3DS for Christmas because he wants to play some new Mario games and they're only for the 3DS.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hac1224
Glad to see this thread because while we don't have anywhere near that much to spend on ds for Christmas, my 8yr old DS has been saving for one for over a year. He was wanting to get a 3DS, but it would take him probably another 2 years or more for that. Right now he has just enough to cover a DSi in the Black Friday Sales, so I think he's decided he wants me to try to get one for him.
Have you tried looking at a Game Stop for a used one?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
Have you tried looking at a Game Stop for a used one?
We've checked for a 3DS, and they wanted within $10 of Walmart's in-store price. I haven't checked for the DSi just because I assumed they were equally high on all their systems. My younger brother (20yrs) uses GS for everything, though.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

We've checked for a 3DS, and they wanted within $10 of Walmart's in-store price. I haven't checked for the DSi just because I assumed they were equally high on all their systems. My younger brother (20yrs) uses GS for everything, though.
Check best buys refurbished section often. We just got ours the other day and it doesn't even look like its been touched! Turned it on and got it all set up! So excited!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Gamestop prices for refurbished are online - and yeah - not that great of a deal - they offer a 1 yr warranty ($9) or 2 yr ($15) - but doesn't cover "physical" damage - so if the screen is cracked you are SOL

I ended up getting a DSi from Wal-Mart for $99 and $9 2 yr warranty that coverers EVERYTHING (I have used the wal-mart warranty before - super easy)...I might keep an eye out for a DSi XL for something cheaper than $129 ...but I am content with what I have right now...he is 5 after all, and we have a 3ds (older DD) that he can use if he REALLY needs to...she is great about sharing with the little kids.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #28
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Gamestop prices for refurbished are online - and yeah - not that great of a deal - they offer a 1 yr warranty ($9) or 2 yr ($15) - but doesn't cover "physical" damage - so if the screen is cracked you are SOL

I ended up getting a DSi from Wal-Mart for $99 and $9 2 yr warranty that coverers EVERYTHING (I have used the wal-mart warranty before - super easy)...I might keep an eye out for a DSi XL for something cheaper than $129 ...but I am content with what I have right now...he is 5 after all, and we have a 3ds (older DD) that he can use if he REALLY needs to...she is great about sharing with the little kids.
Walmart had the DSi XLs for $99 on Thanksgiving night/Black Fiday. I was in line with a DSi I was planning to price match to Kmart for $94.99, and I realized the price on the DSi XL's that they had a stack of behind the counter. Of course, for only $5 more I couldn't pass up on the XL. So glad we found it because DS loves it! (Remember his was with his own money, so not for Christmas).
Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #29
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Walmart had the DSi XLs for $99 on Thanksgiving night/Black Fiday. I was in line with a DSi I was planning to price match to Kmart for $94.99, and I realized the price on the DSi XL's that they had a stack of behind the counter. Of course, for only $5 more I couldn't pass up on the XL. So glad we found it because DS loves it! (Remember his was with his own money, so not for Christmas).
Yay!!!

I was just coming back to tell you there was a cyber Monday deal on a DSi XL but you got one already! Bet he's one happy boy!!